• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fuzzball

Random SPEEDMAP event! COMPLETED! 27/12/11

Okay so this is the plan.

At 21.00 (GMT) The event will start.

Rules are simple

- You must post here stating that you want to map, when the time begins I will PM you the theme.
- The time limit for mapping is 1 hour from starting time
- Map can be any size
- Pistol start advised
- Boom playable format please to keep things consistant
- If you want midi music please include.
- Try to create from scratch, if you have a half finished map you wish to use a base that would be a NO-GO!
- After the time is up you MUST PM me with your completed map, a name for it, how difficult you think it is (Easy, med, hard?) as well as the name you wish to be credited by in the text file

There we go, I didn't want to slave over this post to keep it simple and to keep the event fresh and exciting...or something...**
Would be a good time to dust off the old map-editor and get your mapping juices flowing, some great maps have come from speed events in the past, so try not to let this chance go!
Maps will be compiled into a single wad at the end of the event and posted here for all of you to try out and enjoy!

People entered:
-Pottus = Submitted
-Olympus = Submitted
-Melon = Submitted
-MagnificentBeard = Passed
-franckFRAG = Submitted
-JCD = Submitted
-hardcore_gamer = Submitted
-NoneeLlama = Submitted
-walter confalonieri = Submitted

The theme is based on this small scene-

"I awaken to the sound of fire around me, I reach for the door infront and make my way around the structure. Tall walls surround me all the way to the courtyard...fights along the way and some keys to find too.
Reaching the exit I escape with my life and my new found rocket launcher...only to find myself in yet another hot situation!"

DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/w8i2w1abr2jb6ff/SPD_27_12.zip

Pottus said:

You got to be starting soon, I feel like an endangered species here.

Well 30 mins have gone but only you have posted so far... =/
If you would like the theme now anyway I would be happy to send it.

Pottus said:

Gave it a quick go, pretty neat! Though if it were to be part of a level pack it wouldn't be a starting level~

Seeing as the time is up for joining and only you managed to make a map, I'll pospone the event for another time...maybe with a different plan of action with the time...

The theme will stay the same though so your map can be kept but I will not make it public as not to spoil anything!

Thank you for giving it a go though, I am happy that someone showed interest at least

Well I would've been interested, but unfortunately I don't check the forums once an hour, and I doubt anybody else does either, so probably more warning would have been nice.

stewboy said:

Well I would've been interested, but unfortunately I don't check the forums once an hour, and I doubt anybody else does either, so probably more warning would have been nice.

Well if you want to do it you're still welcome to..I'm not going to be super strict about it...I'd be more than happy to send you the theme!

I'd have been happy to make something for this, the problem was that you started and subsequently finished the event while I was asleep. If it's still open, I'm still up for giving this a shot.

Melon said:

I'd have been happy to make something for this, the problem was that you started and subsequently finished the event while I was asleep. If it's still open, I'm still up for giving this a shot.

It can still be open yup, the theme has not been made public yet, so you're more than welcome to join still based on the same theme- will hopefully be able to get a small wad together!

Olympus said:

I'm in!

Added~

MagnificentBeard said:

I'm in, just for the hell of it.

EDIT: wait, did it start yet?

I was meant to be last night but due to the short time frame I gave before the event "started" it's basicly been post-poned to later today- not sure exactly what time but probably in the next 7-8 hours~

You can be added if you wish~

franckFRAG said:

I have hardly just seen this theard, I am also interested, I you mp when I wish to begin. ^^

Mmm? You wish to join?
Time it will start in about 5 and a half hours from now, so that is when the hour time limit to map will begin!

Yes, for me I shall begin at 9:00 pm (hour of Bruxelle)

edit, ah I don't see the hour in your first post x), well it's ok lol

Well where I live the time is 17:50, so that means its not too late for me to sign up? GMT means global time right?

If so, then sign me up! Its about time I started making some maps again :)

How much time will I have to finish the map?

EDIT: I know you said you would PM the theme to use in the map but would it be ok if I would be allowed to use some kind of a outdoors rock theme or something? I don't really feel like making a tech base map. A hell themed map would also be ok.

hardcore_gamer said:

Well where I live the time is 17:50, so that means its not too late for me to sign up? GMT means global time right?

If so, then sign me up! Its about time I started making some maps again :)

How much time will I have to finish the map?

EDIT: I know you said you would PM the theme to use in the map but would it be ok if I would be allowed to use some kind of a outdoors rock theme or something? I don't really feel like making a tech base map. A hell themed map would also be ok.

Well GMT right now is 6.35pm so you do the math~
..and don't worry the theme is NOT a techbase~
Far from it infact!