Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Magnum Express

Another Wolfenstein TC

I have recently come up with an idea for a Wolfenstein-themed WW2 TC that will use new sprites and be based off of GZDoom. Some of the new features that I want to implement into this TC seem half-impossible, or so it seems, as nobody has helped me with any of my questions in my latest thread in the Editing forum. I'll cut to the chase: I am looking for a mapper, someone with experience editing sprites/graphics, and a person who is good with scripting to collaborate with me on this project, as I lack experience modding, but find that this will be the best way to get some. For anyone who wants to participate, just post a link to (or at least name) any WADs/projects you've worked on. Sorry to those who were looking for a completed TC.

Magnum Express, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

I made a mod recently - Weasel Presents: Nazis! - and honestly I wonder if you would rather just make maps for that. Except wait, you just said you're looking for mappers, artists, AND coders? What are you contributing, then?

WildWeasel said:

I made a mod recently - Weasel Presents: Nazis! - and honestly I wonder if you would rather just make maps for that. Except wait, you just said you're looking for mappers, artists, AND coders? What are you contributing, then?

Well, maybe he's doing some of that too and would just like some help with it? Who knows, but that mod you made is awesome! I've been wanting to map for that since it came out.

I plan on contributing to each area as best as I can ( Mapping is what I'm best at, so I'll probably take the helm with that). To Grazza, I just came up with the idea a few days ago, and in fact I only have one custom texture in my resource file so far. WHAT MORE CAN YOU EXPECT FROM ME?! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?! Sorry about the caps, but I am trying to prove a point and not call you out.

Magnum Express said:

I just came up with the idea a few days ago, and in fact I only have one custom texture in my resource file so far. WHAT MORE CAN YOU EXPECT FROM ME?! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?!

Not to speak for Grazza here, but the idea is that you should wait until you have a bit more than that before starting the thread.

If you don't have enough commitment to work by yourself on a project for, say, a couple of weeks; how are people going to know that you will have enough commitment to oversee a collaborative effort?

Gez is right. (Heh, since when is he ever wrong? :P)

You need to make sure you have more than, say, between 25-50% of the project done before asking for help on it. And no, showing something when the project is at 0% is not going to cut it, because you've had nothing to show.

Try focusing on something you're good at, such as art or levels, or learn from it. We've all done this before.

You are both right. I guess I jumped the gun on this one, but I figured that collaborative projects always started from 0%. The only thing that I ahve accomplished from this is making myself look like a moron. I'll start on the textures, I guess.