Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Counting from 1 to 35788 in 24 hours

TimeOfDeath said:

He's awesome.

More likely lonely and bored, reminds me of a caged gorilla eating its faeces.

GreyGhost said:

More likely lonely and bored, reminds me of a caged gorilla eating its faeces.

And fuggin' youtube let him upload a video that is a day long.

The fuck would I watch this for?

Does he do anything that isn't counting, like drink water, eat something, hold random stuffed animals up to the camera? Or is the video really just 24 solid hours of counting?

Tell ya what, there's only one person in the whole universe that would enjoy a video like this...

Seems like this guy is an expert on the trivial and the downright mundane. He also apparently spent 507 hours leveling up his characters in the opening area of Final Fantasy VII until he reached the level cap.

AgentSpork said:

Seems like this guy is an expert on the trivial and the downright mundane. He also apparently spent 507 hours leveling up his characters in the opening area of Final Fantasy VII until he reached the level cap.

Oh my fucking god... what a waste of life.

How about opening a 1600+ page dictionary and pronouncing all of the quarter million or so entries? That'd make a great YouTube video for insomniacs.

You guys are just jealous. People can DIE from this (admittedly it was gaming and was around 3 full days). Pretty sure there are jobs where such endurance is useful.

WildWeasel said:

Tell ya what, there's only one person in the whole universe that would enjoy a video like this...

LOL does he program ZDoom? :P

The joke's on anyone who watched this video in it's entirety.

Ok, so the guy's an insomniac and very very bored and lonely. I have sympathy for him. But couldn't he find some other game to spend that time with? Or build a model railway or something?

WildWeasel said:

Does he do anything that isn't counting, like drink water, eat something, hold random stuffed animals up to the camera? Or is the video really just 24 solid hours of counting?

I feel terrible for thinking that was gonna be an autism joke.

Who would want to watch that guy counting? If a tornado took the house out and he didn't stop, that might be interesting. Otherwise it's just some guy wasting a bunch of time being lame while trying to get attention.

Wow, how incredibly unexciting.

AgentSpork said:

In Final Fantasy VI, my friend leveled Terra to 99 in the Mines of Narshe when he was a kid. It took him about a week, he said.

TimeOfDeath said:

This guy from the Super Mario Kart community recorded himself counting from 1 to 35788 in 24 hours. He's awesome.

That kind of makes sense. This is the exact sort of determination you have to have to become a successful speedrunner. But, in this case, such determination is no longer just questionably unhealthy.

The scary thing is that somewhere out there, there is someone who is actually watching this and he intends to watch it from beginning to end in one sitting.

He's one of the best at Super Mario Kart and he's got skillz in other games as well. I think he did this for the challenge and accomplishment.

dew said:

okay, seriously... is this a recognized fetish or something? this guy goes to 100k.

Apparently the guy I posted about was inspired by the 100k video. But, the 100k guy didn't do it all at once, it took him 3 months or something.

Hell's Vendetta said:

I feel terrible for thinking that was gonna be an autism joke.

That's the exact same thing I was thinking, except I don't feel bad about it.

DoomUK said:

The joke's on anyone who watched this video in it's entirety.

It's fucking 24 hours. You're out of your mind if you think anyone was fooled.

Gez said:

He should have gone from 32767 to -32768 and ended up at -29748.

First thing that came to mind when reading the thread title was also the signed short int limit.

Kirby said:

And fuggin' youtube let him upload a video that is a day long.

Last I heard the YouTube length limit is gone as long as you "behave yourself" (no uploading TV shows and whatnot).

Anyway, I wouldn't want to watch this whole thing but I'm impressed. My attention span will never be big enough to do something like that.

And to everyone who's like "that is so unhealthy he is so bored and lonely" I'm sure he didn't do this for people like you.

40oz said:

who did he do it for?

Random strangers on internet forums I'm guessing.

hervoheebo said:

I have a feeling that this guy could give Ulillillia a run for his money.

Not a chance, no one could do that.