Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doom_marine666

The scariest monsters you seen in movies or TV?

So guys what do you think the most scariest monster you seen?
if you have some pictures post as well

For me it have to be Doctor Who's Weeping Angels, I hate those things stalking you when you looking... made me paranoid of Statues for a weeks..

Max Schreck in "Nosferatu" (1922) and Giger's monster in "Alien" (1979).

EDIT: links removed

Agreed, Max Schreck made a first-rate vampire. So far as TV monsters go - this one still gives me the creeps.

I don't really find any monsters scary, but the video game monster that made me jump the most often when I was a kid was Wolfenstein 3D's guards. Every time I'd be a door there was one right behind it. :(

Real life monsters like terminal illness, grief, war, genocide, poverty and famine aside, pick a monster from the Silent Hill saga which isn't creepy and unnerving.

I guess the nurses deserve a special mention though. Not so much in their appearance but in the jerky and painful way they articulate themselves. I dunno, I just find them more creepy than anything even the likes of H.R. Giger could imagine. They were also the only thing about the Silent Hill movie which didn't completely suck balls (until they became comic relief when their egregious weakness to being attracted to light was exploited, which put the movie back to being shit).

eugene tooms aka the squeeze from the x-files scared the crap out of me for weeks when i was a kid.

big bad monsters usually aren't scary. what works is a mockery of human shapes, that unsettles people instinctively. alien, some of the silent hill baddies, the thing's half-cooked transformations... not sure if the cenobites count.

The Weeping Angels were awesome in the first episode they were in. When they brought them back, they just made them lame though. Also, the Vashta-Nerada and the thing that possessed the Doctor in that episode where he's trapped in the shuttle with those other people.

Alien and The Thing both had really creepy monsters that genuinely frightened me when I was a kid. I loved watching those movies anyway, though. Scary, but fun!

Jodwin said:

I don't really find any monsters scary, but the video game monster that made me jump the most often when I was a kid was Wolfenstein 3D's guards. Every time I'd be a door there was one right behind it. :(

The fucking green zombie ones with the guns in their chest? No wake up sound?? WHAT THE SHITTTTT

dew said:

eugene tooms aka the squeeze from the x-files scared the crap out of me for weeks when i was a kid.

big bad monsters usually aren't scary. what works is a mockery of human shapes, that unsettles people instinctively. alien, some of the silent hill baddies, the thing's half-cooked transformations... not sure if the cenobites count.

I was actually freaked out about the cenobites, but only from the VHS covers' images. There was one image where Pinhead and a female cenobite were putting on (or maybe removing) doctor masks. Made me think there was a diabolical operation scene. That was just a deleted scene and nothing in the movie is as gruesome as I imagined. Another image has a girl apparently peeling her facial skin off like plaster (which is not actually the case). After when I watched the movies, they weren't that scary. Speaking of operation, the miniature Surgeon Cenobite also has a freaky image on the box.

OT, scariest monster to me is probably many incarnations of the Thing.

Danarchy said:

The Weeping Angels were awesome in the first episode they were in. When they brought them back, they just made them lame though. Also, the Vashta-Nerada and the thing that possessed the Doctor in that episode where he's trapped in the shuttle with those other people.

And the doctor taught me something as well... DON'T BLINK, WHAT EVER YOU DO DON'T BLINK

doom_marine666 said:

And the doctor taught me something as well... DON'T BLINK, WHAT EVER YOU DO DON'T BLINK

Blink, and you're DEAD.

Well, sort of dead. More alive and well in a different part of time, but really, as far as things go right now, you're dead. Really.

GreyGhost said:

Bush

I thought his mother was kinda scary. Mean-lookin' woman.

Phantasm (1979)

EDIT: link removed

Craigs said:

GET THIS FUCKING THING AWAY FROM ME

I love AoM, I'm currently at the part where David has crashed his car.

Also, Hell's Vendetta, what movie is that monster from? (obviously your post, I mean)

Here's a story for ye all. I was house sitting my mom's house which overlooks woods. Creepy woods. She's got a giant back yard. So as I was house sitting, its dusk and I'm watching Unsolved Mysteries where they're discussing bigfoot. Then after the 15 minute segment... someone dressed head to toe in cammoflauge carrying a fucking rifle and a cammoflauged ski mask just walks by the house! The person didn't see me and I questioned if it really happened. Just lying on a couch and a masked gunman walks by probably 5 feet away from the house and 10 feet away from you with a giant glass door between the two of you. So I ran to the kitchen and yep sure enough man in cammo just walks by the kitchen window too.

So I intercepted him outside. Turns out to be a lazy hunter that jumped my mom's fence and cut through her back yard.

Now I will always fear bigfoot on TV because of that experience.

lmao @ basket case clip. Looks campy now, but remember it being well freaky. For straight up non-human fantastical monsters, 70s and 80s had some especially memorable A & B-movie critters like Basket Case, Alien,

John Carpenter's The Thing

The Deadly Spawn

Rawhead Rex

The Brood (David Cronenberg)

Shivers (David Cronenberg)

Demons 1 & 2

Creepshow

to name just a few.

The Nazi Dream Demons from American Werewolf in London.

Also had to be one of the top 20 WTF moments in horror movies.

American Werewolf in London was a great movie. Awesome special effects, good plot, and some great dark comedy to boot.

I think the point is that the most horrible monsters in history has been humanity itself.

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

alien

I'm not sure if I would consider them scary, but they are definitely one of the coolest looking monsters I have seen, and pretty memorable. I would say that the concept of what they did when they caught you (impregnated you with a creature that would inevitably explode from your chest), was far more creepy. I remember thinking that the doom imp wake up sounds were remarkably like the sounds the aliens would make in the movies, and that similarity was further reinforced by the doom 3 imps and vulgars. :P

The Thing from... The Thing made me shit myself. Especially in the "blood test" scene, holy Jesus

bytor said:

Phantasm (1979)

I still think that getting hit by one of those has to be one of the worst ways to die

Dang - some great choices in this thread.

Most beautiful - Alien
Most terrifying - The Thing... because what is or was the thing exactly?

_bruce_ said:

IIRC a microscopic virus type thingy that was borg-like and when a creature was infected by it, the thing would integrate the creature's DNA into itself so it could replicate it. The creature in that photo was a scene where I think the thing was deliberately terrifying it's enemies (the humans remaining at the arctic base) by taking on a hideous form combo of subsumed forms. Most of the time it was either a dog or human replica.

_bruce_ said:

It was an alien. They made that pretty clear with the big flying saucer hitting the earth at the beginning. What was really terrifying though was whether or not

Spoiler

they really killed it?