Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Handsome

New Year's Resolution?

Last year I said I was gonna be more happy with the mapper lifestyle as well as the rest of the lifestyle. I say it worked, but 2011 was also a year full of defeats and failures (at least I competed).

This year's? Try to stop being lazy and procrastinating.

Get my fat arse down the gym. I'm not acknowledging that this is a New Year's Resolution however, so I can be more confident that I'll acheive it.

Does anyone ever really live up to their new years resolution(s)? I don't make any because although i may want to improve, i also don't know what will occur within the year, something could interfere.

I just approach the year with optimism and hope for the best really.

Six said:

Does anyone ever really live up to their new years resolution(s)? I don't make any because although i may want to improve, i also don't know what will occur within the year, something could interfere.

This. I'm not into doing New Year's Resolutions, but my mom is trying to get me to trim down on the weight I've been gaining. It's hard for me to do however because of all the good food that has been tempting me :(

hervoheebo said:

1920x1080, pretty nice, my old monitor was getting a little cramped.

My new years resolution is to publicly bonk any SOB that says this stupid joke from 1996.

PREPARE.

Csonicgo said:

My new years resolution is to publicly bonk any SOB that says this stupid joke from 1996.

PREPARE.

Except back then he would have said 1280 x 1024, right? ;)

Anyways, this year I'm making it a point to release some Doom shit. I've gone for too long without getting anything done, and I literally can't take much more of that. I need to release all this stuff I'm sitting on.

EarthQuake said:

Except back then he would have said 1280 x 1024, right? ;)

I would say at least that because everyone on the crappy XGA monitors would rage hard about it.

Of course I had one that you could coax into that mode provided that you lower the refresh rate.

My resolution is to complete the megawad I'm working on.

40oz said:

I wanna learn how to speak slower.

Try weed :D

- get a bloodhound puppy
- start a food blog
- get a life-long supply of Guinness somehow
- meet a special someone and have a kid
- make a bigger stash of forest blueberries than this year
- surf in Hawaii again
- create a remake of Doom 64 map #20 which would have the mythical and legendary super-super secret
- start gathering resources for making a Doom 2 adventure-puzzle wad with the story of spiritual journey of one Carlos Castaneda
- win Euro Lotto and buy a tropical island

The only thing I've ever resolved to do is to get a damn job. Last three years, that's my only resolution...and it hasn't happened yet.

So this year, I resolve to do absolutely nothing.

I hope to finally go back to college, and get a few pieces of fiction finished. I've started writing again, and it's actually pretty fun. Stupid holiday bullshit and unemployment have been distracting me from it, though.

None for me - I think the only resolution I've managed to keep is to not make New Year's resolutions.

40oz said:

I wanna learn how to speak slower.

Used to have this problem.

Remember to breathe and remember that it's not a race. Also remember that not everything you say is going to capture the interest of anyone else anyway, so choose things to say which articulate your thoughts without boring people with superfluous detail; paraphrase your own anecdotes.

Should probably get a job now that I'm finished with uni, and move out too.

Other than that... finish SLADE3 map editor so I can get back into mapping :P