Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
steuntron

Very basic question about linedefs and sectors

EDIT: I found the solution -> CTRL + D I have seen many tutorial on youtube, but i haven't seen anyone using CTRL+D

@Moderator: Could you please delete this topic? I was too hasty with creating a thread for such a minor issue.

I am currently building my very first doom map ever. So far I managed to create some rooms with doors and teleports etc... I am using doom builder 2.

I am having issues drawing sectors that connect to other sectors.

I will try to explain the best I can.

Lets say I have a square room. I want to build a tunnel that connects to that square room. This means I have to draw a long rectangle that connects to that square.

My issue here is, I have to start drawing the rectangle outside the square, because if I right click on a linedef a menu will popup. I don't like this behaviour.

I want to be able to start drawing on a linedef. To me this is a more logical way of drawing.

Or another example:

I have a tunnel that contains stairs. I want to add 1 step. I cant add just another line because I cant click on the sides of the tunnel and create a line. I have to click in the middle and then go to each side. I end up with a vertex in the middle, so i move it to the side. So to draw 1 line I have to do 4 clicks. This should be possible in 2 clicks no ?

Am I making any sense, or should I make a youtube video to explain my problem?

whatever the case, it's nice to see someone starting out from the bare basics. it's great to see new mappers.

steuntron said:

@Moderator: Could you please delete this topic? I was too hasty with creating a thread for such a minor issue.

I've closed the thread rather than delete it. Who knows, maybe other people have had your problem.