Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Burzum

Mancubus model

Hi, im modeling a mancubus atm with 3dsmax and need some help and/or suggestions how to do the whole thing in the right way.

Heres an screenshot from the current status of the model

http://www.asgardsreich.de/mancubus3ds.jpg

Some small details will be added later after finishing the whole body.

And im looking for a good textureartist whos able to skin this model.
I can do it by myself but im not very good in textureing :(

Gimme your comments, flames ;) suggestions and opinions !

Hmm, I think it isn't fat enough - give him more fat.

Hey DSM,
ive seen your great drawing of the doom marine.

Can you draw a side and a front view of the mancubus ?
This would make my work much easier ;)
If you want...

Hmm, if a hand-drawn pencil drawing is good enough for you then I might do it sometime. If you expect something with colours then forget it - I suck at making coloured drawings (and I don't have enough colour pencils for that either).

How big do you want the drawings? Do you want me to make TWO drawings on two differnt sheets of paper or is it good enough if I make both the front and back on the same paper? Do you want high-res drawings like the Doomguy drawing or something lower?
If you're lucky, I might be able to do it quickly enough, so that I'll have it ready by the end of next week, but don't count on it.

You could also ask Zaldron for a drawing. I've seen some of his drawings and they make my drawing look pathetic next to them imo, but then again, I've only seen goth-themed drawings from him, so I dunno how good he is at making sci-fi demons.

dsm said:

Hmm, I think it isn't fat enough - give him more fat.

I agree. more fat.

yea i would say a little more fat, and make it a little less human looking. change the legs and the shap just a bit. i am sure it would look 20x better with a nice skin and it looks good so far

Looks better than that other one, which was way too thin. But it should be fatter still, possibly with bigger arms. Good job so far though, it'll look great with a skin.

quick question, what are you going to do with the model?

Burzum said:

[img]http://www.doomworld.com/linguica/moron.gif[img]

hahahahaha

Anyway, the head looks cool I think, but the body looks too human. The stomach kinda slopes downward, where in-game it's basically vertically and horizontally symmetrical (as far as shape is concerned). Actually, all it's fat in-game is pretty square and doesn't droop much.

Burzum: You had better answer my above questions regarding the drawing really soon if you're to give me any chance to complete it by the end of next week.

Archvile64 said:

It looks like Jabba the Hutt on crack.

Seconded, heh.

You just summed up my whole post in one sentence :P

dsm said:

Burzum: You had better answer my above questions regarding the drawing really soon if you're to give me any chance to complete it by the end of next week.

Sorry, i was away drinking and such silly stuff.

Ok, the best possible drawing should look like this ->

The model ist "just" an excercise but if i finish it in a way i will be content with, i will use it in a 3dart competetion as character model.

And you all are SURE that its not FAT enough !?
The problem is it to make it looking realistic.
If it is TOO fat he will fall to the ground because his weightingpoint isnt in the middle. I hope you understand what i tried to say ;)

Burzum said:

Sorry, i was away drinking and such silly stuff.

Ok, the best possible drawing should look like this ->
[img]http://www.asgardsreich.de/angel_head.jpg[img]

Ah ok, how 'bout resolution then? Hi-res or low-res?
(you don't need to answer this question nearly as quickly, because it's only needed for when my drawing is done)

dsm said:

Ah ok, how 'bout resolution then? Hi-res or low-res?
(you don't need to answer this question nearly as quickly, because it's only needed for when my drawing is done)

Hrm...around 1000x1000 pixels, thx !

Burzum said:

Hrm...around 1000x1000 pixels, thx !

Ok, I'll try, but I'm not all that experienced in scanning pics (my Doomguy pic game out a much higher resolution than I intended it to be).

Doom-Child said:

Where?

exactly, where can I find some good techno music? been looking everywhere and it's all shit.