Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
valhallaist

Give me single maps with a hellish or mostly hellish look

killer2 said:

Ahh this map...loved it when I played it (some months ago). What community project is it part from? Pretty sure it wasn't a stand-alone.

Pretty sure it was a stand alone? I have no idea what CP it could be from, and the txt doesnt mention it either. But I dunno.

I have a map that fits the bill:

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=15528

The reviews are a little unflattering, but I don't credit some of them with much value.

This one is down-right moronic, if you ask me:

Oh good god fucking SHIT square marble rooms and ANNOYING TRAPS AND NOTHING BUT A SSG AND A ROCKET LAUNCHER..... 0/5 ~cson

I omitted the inbetween-parts, but I think it's safe to say that cson didn't get very far.

gemini09 said:

I have a map that fits the bill:

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=15528

The reviews are a little unflattering, but I don't credit some of them with much value.

This one is down-right moronic, if you ask me:

I omitted the inbetween-parts, but I think it's safe to say that cson didn't get very far.

Totally loving the atmosphere in this one. I love the red "face" texture.

gemini09 said:

I have a map that fits the bill

The map was pretty nice, although I tried to beat it without saves at first (bad mistake). I did beat it on UV with like 4 saves. Nice design and some fairly creative traps. The only gripes I found were the first 2 spectres (they were stuck) and some monsters that didn't teleport (3 demons and an archvile). Really curious as to where that arch was supposed to come in.

Songs Of The Damned reminded me more of a fantasy-theme than hellish...

I really enjoyed Brood Of Violence.

Drip Feed, I had played before, and it sports a classic-look very well indeed.

killer2 said:

The only gripes I found were the first 2 spectres (they were stuck) and some monsters that didn't teleport (3 demons and an archvile). Really curious as to where that arch was supposed to come in.

The Spectres had to be stuck together in order to force the player to kill at least one of them. Otherwise, the rest of the monsters wouldn't wake up as they were all flagged as deaf. It certainly could have been done more elegantly, but I wasn't aware of how at the time. As for the 3 Demons and Archie, I'm can't tell for certain which ones it was, but I've pretty much always gotten 100% kills during my testing, although it may happen that some don't teleport occasionally.