• Wendy\'s
    • KFC
    • Domino\'s
    • Hardee\'s/Carl\'s Jr.
    • Other (please specify)
    • Needs more Impse

For me, it goes like this:

On Tuesdays, I have Pizza Hut.

On Fridays, it's McDonald's (it used to be Burger King, but one closed where I live a year ago... I STILL can't believe it -_-)

And on Sundays, it's KFC.

When me and my parents go to St. Louis, my family usually goes to Applebee's for a get-together dinner.

In N Out.

Also, in the STL area there's Lion's Choice, which I do miss ever so dearly. Jack In the Box is probably the other go-to for me.

We don't have Wendy's or Hardee's in the UK. But out of the others I'd have to go with KFC.

Can't beat good old fish and chips though. However the quality varies massively between shops, in Britain at least.

There is a place in Denver Co called Ho Ho's Chines Food. Its a dollar a scoop chines place when it comes to price, portion and the quality of the food, I'd be hard pressed to think of a better fast food joint. They use these massive soup ladles to dish out the food and things like egg rolls are four for a dollar. One could go there with five dollars and get two meals.

What? Since when is Pizza Hut fast food? Never mind, it's my favourite food by far. Pizza bought elsewhere lacks the flavour.

I don't really have a favorite, as our family has fast food quite often (maybe 3-4 days of the week?) and I don't really care that much anymore to really like any of them. However, I probably eat Taco Bell the most.

EDIT: I do like Subway though, so I guess that might be the closest I have to a favorite.

In N Out by far, when it's convenient. Otherwise Jack in the Box is pretty good.

printz said:

What? Since when is Pizza Hut fast food? Never mind, it's my favourite food by far. Pizza bought elsewhere lacks the flavour.

Pizza Hut is some of the blandest pizza I've ever eaten. There's worse for sure, and I don't decline Pizza Hut if someone orders it, but it's by far not my preferred one.

How fast are we talking here? If less than five minutes counts, then the Chinese takeway at Forest Park is excellent. Shame I'm 4000 miles away from it though.

Subway will do, if they have the veggie patty. Jimmy John's isn't bad either, although their name does make me think of ExtenZe.

India Palace's lunch buffet is pretty quick. Also good quality and great value.

There was a Chinese place in central London (somewhere near Piccadilly Circus) where to get around the rules about VAT on hot food, they would sell you a container, and if you chose to fill it with a huge range of excellent hot Chinese dishes that happened to be lying around nearby, then that was your choice. Wonderful selection of awesome dishes. I think it must be long gone by now.

Otherwise, almost any of the Dosa restaurants on Serangoon Road in Singapore would fit the bill. If it weren't pretty much the other side of the world from me. :(

I voted Impse, naturally.

DoomUK said:

We don't have Wendy's or Hardee's in the UK.

It's funny, but when they ask "What can I make fresh for you today?", I am horribly tempted to reply, "How about a nice warm mug of shut the fuck up". If they do move into the UK, hopefully they'll kick that greeting into touch.

Pizza Hut pan pizza used to be the damshit. Now I find it soggy. Still don't know how that's fast food. HavoX you have a strange list.

I'll have to agree with Taco Bell being one of my favorites. People like to joke on it or say they got over their Taco Bell obsession in high school, but I was never "obsessed" with it, they have good food. Plus, they're cheap, and some friends and I would meet up at the one on campus every so often for that reason.

I love Subway too. I never get tired of the smell when you walk in. It can be kind of cheap too if you get a veggie 6 inch with everything, so I've eaten there quite a few times on campus and never got tired of it.

I can't stand KFC. I'm not a big fried chicken fan, but KFC is the worst. It's like they fry chicken then dump old grease over it again. Their grilled chicken is alright, as are the potato bowls and some of the sides.

The people I envy are those out west who get to eat at Whataburger and Wienerschnitzel. I've only gotten to eat at these places a few times but I think they're great. I don't know if it was just this one location but one time I got fries at Wienerschnitzel and they were the best fries I've had to this day.

As for McDonald's and Burger King, I think they're pretty good. The new Burger King fries are worse than the old ones, though not as bad as Wendy's fries used to be. Looks like it'll be onion rings from here on out. Speaking of which BK onion ring sauce is great. Burger King is fun to say backwards. nnnyikk urrgurrrbbb!

I haven't had fast food in quite a while, probably more than a year. When I did eat it though, I always enjoyed Hardees. After they switched from craptastic assburgers such as McDonalds serves, and went to serving real hamburgers they really outdid themselves. The angus thickburgers they serve now were generally better than anything I had had at a sit down restaurant. Not as good as what I make at home, but still, pretty damn tasty. And they did have the balls to add steak as a condiment, that Philly Cheese Steak Thickburger was damn tasty. Plus they have the best curly fries after Arbys. Too bad everything else Arbys serves is crap.

Really the only 'take-away' place I eat at anymore is Papa Murphy's, and I'm not sure if it counts. They make the pizza, you bake it at home. But damned if it isn't the tastiest pizza I've ever had.

yukib1t said:

I'm sorry to say, Taco Bell. It's my comfort food :( But I almost never eat fast food anymore.

This. Aside from the occasional Chinamax trip, Taco Bell would be my passion, addiction. A blessing and a curse.

Processingcontrol said:

5 guys FTW.

I like Five Guys. But not only do I not consider them fast food, I question why they keep putting up articles from magazines that proclaim them one of the best places to eat cheap. Which Five Guys were they eating?

Jello said:

Plus they have the best curly fries after Arbys. Too bad everything else Arbys serves is crap.

Ah man I forgot Arbys. Heh, I actually like everything there but the curly fries. I remember there was one like 10 miles away and it sucked because we couldn't eat there that often. Then freshman year I was randomly walking around near Wal-Mart the day of my calc exam and I see something in the distance. I ran toward it as fast as I could. Is it a mirage? No, it's Arby's! O glorius day!

DoomUK said:

However the quality varies massively between shops

This drives me out of my skull. I can't get a good pizza pie in my area and the order is always screwed up but the wife brings home a pizza from the other side of the city and the damn thing is fantastic.

Can't stomach much fast food these days but White Castle and McDonald's fries remain favorites.

Domino's is the only fast food place my family ever eats at. The pizza isn't too bad, and they tend to have various deals that keep costs down.

Membrain said:

Domino's is the only fast food place my family ever eats at. The pizza isn't too bad, and they tend to have various deals that keep costs down.

Yeah, I used to have Domino's when I was little, in fact, that was the first pizza I had.

It's not bad, but I personally like Pizza Hut better.

Technician said:

I like Pizza Hut but I find it to be one of the greasiest pizza available.

But that's the best part of their pan-style pizzas! :P

Grazza said:

I voted Impse, naturally.

Me too, I deliberately added it in here as a comedy option.

HavoX said:

Yeah, I used to have Domino's when I was little, in fact, that was the first pizza I had.

It's not bad, but I personally like Pizza Hut better.

Actually, it wasn't until they totally changed their recipe that I even liked their pizza. The ones I went to before then were horrible, and I hated getting Domino's, but they started using better sauce and crust, and it became exceptional.

Hmm, depends on what I'm in the mood for.

If it's a sandwich, then it's Jimmy John's for sure. Can't beat a Beach Club.

For burgers, always liked Jack in the Box and Five Guys is pretty good, but recently I've seriously taken a liking to Carl's Jr. as they're always really consistently good. I've only ever SEEN one in Texas, though, and it just so happens to be less than a mile from here. So I dunno if it's the entire chain or just this one. Either way, it makes me a happy one. :P

For tacos, if we're talking fast food then it's Taco Bell by default (although Taco Bueno is pretty cool too).

For pizza,

Jello said:

Papa Murphy's

Hell Damn Yes.

And of the choices given in the poll, Impse. By far.

Sonic. While it was my first taste of American fast food, I still found it better than any others I tried the last time I was over there. And nothing beats tater tots with cheese or cream pie shakes. Back over here it's KFC that wins by a mile.

Satyr000 said:

There is a place in Denver Co called Ho Ho's Chines Food. Its a dollar a scoop chines place when it comes to price, portion and the quality of the food, I'd be hard pressed to think of a better fast food joint. They use these massive soup ladles to dish out the food and things like egg rolls are four for a dollar. One could go there with five dollars and get two meals.

Where would this be? Also, am I not the only other Coloradoan here anymore?

lupinx-Kassman said:

Chipotle

Ahh yeah, forgot about Chipotle! Easily my second favorite. Fun fact: I work right down the street from the very first one.

I used to eat Taco Bell burritos all the time (with that fire sauce) but the places around here have been very skimpy on the filling, almost to the point where they're selling you an overpriced flour tortilla. So I don't go there any more...

Actually I rarely eat out much anymore, but if I do it tends to be Subway or some pizza joint.

None of the Above

Chain fast food will rot your stomach, wallet, and brain. Just make food at home, it's cheaper and tastier.

On the other hand, there are some local places around here that are good. I'd list them, but no one lives in the area.

I will tell anyone in the Seattle area, though, that they should go eat Dick's on Capitol Hill.