Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just tried making a doom thread on 4chans /v/ and it got ignored. Why doesn't /v/ talk about good games anymore? I remember when doom threads got over 100 replies.

Wagi said:

/v/ is a fast-moving board where your posts can get buried quickly.

I know, But after a few bumps it does get recognized. My thread was ignored. meanwhile 3 skyrim threads on the front page.

And I have had a few good discussions on 4chan. Not on /b/, but on the other boards.

I saw a Doom thread with 150 replies just the other night. And apparently, one of our users here is a tripfaggot.

I'm also going to go with how threads get buried there quickly. I post in just about every Doom thread I see, if not to pimp out my fan art.

>/v/

Seriously, /v/ is the worst board of 4chan, aside from /b/, and even then it's sometimes worse. It's completely populated by 14-year-olds whose vocabulary is primarily composed of swear words and various slurs. Any game which requires any sort of thinking or is more than 3 years old is called "faggot shit" by them, and that's only on the rare occasion they're talking about something that's not off-topic, which is at least half the time. This is the reason so many good games like the old Bioware/Black Isle RPGs, Dwarf Fortress, King of Dragon Pass, Stone Soup, etc. only get talked about on /tg/. Any time anyone posts about them on /v/ they either get ignored or sagebombed to death. Also, it's the kind of bullshit on /v/ that spawned /vp/, and we all know how that turned out.

We don't need any riffraff from /v/ even taking a smidgen of interest in our game. We have enough 'tards polluting Skulltag and ZDaemon.

Hey, have you guys heard about this cool older game called Doom? It's really fun and old-school and you know what pisses me off is that modern gamers just don't 'get it'.

Danarchy said:

Seriously, /v/ is the worst board of 4chan, aside from /b/, and even then it's sometimes worse.

hahaha what

/tg/, /b/, /mu/, and /tv/ are much, MUCH worse than /v/ is. /mu/ is Hipster Bullshit: The Forum, /tv/ is spam, /b/ I don't need to explain, and /tg/ is filled with both whiny white knights and 40kids.

/v/ can be awful at times, but it introduced me to Dark Souls, Dwarf Fortress, and X-Com. It really isn't any worse than your typical board.

Mr. Freeze said:

hahaha what

/tg/, /b/, /mu/, and /tv/ are much, MUCH worse than /v/ is. /mu/ is Hipster Bullshit: The Forum, /tv/ is spam, /b/ I don't need to explain, and /tg/ is filled with both whiny white knights and 40kids.

/v/ can be awful at times, but it introduced me to Dark Souls, Dwarf Fortress, and X-Com. It really isn't any worse than your typical board.

>/v/ better than /tg/
>in 2012
ISHYGDDT

Seriously, though, what? /tg/ is pretty much the only board I've ever seen intelligent discussion on. It seems to be mostly filled with adults as opposed to the other boards where the average age is about 17. There are great threads about history, story tropes and character archetypes, philosophy, and modeling tips. Some of the most epic stories ever told have been posted there. Not to mention some decent threads about various RPGs and Warhammer, from time to time. Also, at least the people on /tg/ actually know some stuff about the 40k universe instead of the idiots on /v/ who only know about it because of the terrible video games. I haven't ever seen rampant white knighting on /tg/. The general belief is that no women ever post there, anyway.

Granted it has gone downhill in the last year or so, after it started ebing heavily moderated, but it just got more boring instead of terrible like /v/ is. Also, /tg/ introduced me to way more good video games than /v/ ever did.

I don't even know why you guys bother with those faggy 4chan boards. Why do you want to converse with bigoted adolescents, anyway?

At least /mu/ has decent share threads at times. Only reason I still even bother checking that site out (lolmusicpiracy). That and the fileshare search thingie.

I stopped browsing 4chan months ago. I want to say it's because the website sucks, but I remember a lot of good threads and some interesting discussions; I just feel like the anonymity of the board leads to completely unnaceptable behavior that I don't want to take part in.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I got sick of dealing with the excessive negativity, especially on /v/.

I liked /mu/ when I browsed it, actually. At least they actually discussed you know, the thing their forum is about (music).

Well I'm a /mu/tant.
I visit a lot of boards. /tv/, /lit/, /v/, /co/, /sp/(when there's a boxing fight or a football game I like), /g/ and *cough /fa/ *cough.
I don't get all the hate that 4chan gets. Most of it is cause of the retards on /b/. /b/ is not 4chan. I can't believe I used to f5 /b/ when I was at school. It's just....bad.
Anyway, if you are judging 4chan because of your bad experience on /b/ then I suggest you lurk on a few other boards. Different communities.

DuckReconMajor said:

I like /mu/ too, but I just figured it was because I like Hipster Bullshit.

Hipster Bullshitâ„¢

I don't get all the hate that 4chan gets. Most of it is cause of the retards on /b/. /b/ is not 4chan. I can't believe I used to f5 /b/ when I was at school. It's just....bad.
Anyway, if you are judging 4chan because of your bad experience on /b/ then I suggest you lurk on a few other boards. Different communities.

I specifically ignored /b/ and I still found the community (in general) pretty hard to deal with.

Killamangiro91 said:

Well I'm a /mu/tant.
I visit a lot of boards. /tv/, /lit/, /v/, /co/, /sp/(when there's a boxing fight or a football game I like), /g/ and *cough /fa/ *cough.

I checked out /fa/ and thought it stood for "Fat Admirers." I was hoping there was at least one other chubby chaser on Doomworld.

Killamangiro91 said:

Strange how I only ever see the same quality of discussion on every 4chan board I visit.

DuckReconMajor said:

Do you play Doom without aspect ratio correction?

No...and what does that have to do with my previous post?