Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang

2002ADO demos [-complevel 3]

Memfis said:

E1M4 UV-Max in 3:01

I had 3:13 inside my ad1-1800 SPEED movie, and 3:00 in ad1-1450. This is embarrassing...

Heh, but you said in ad1-1800.txt: "E1M4 - Practically impossible to ignore monsters on your way, this is very much a Max run with a few missed monsters."
And of course my single map demo is more optimized than your movies. So it shouldn't be embarrassing.

Yeah I remember trying to do a uv-speed filler for that map, but I couldn't get one that I felt was far enough from the max time.

Nice! And almost a minute faster than than your previous attempt would have been. I could tell your nerves were on edge towards the end there, it must have been a relief when that damn cyber went down in two shots. Baron telefrags went much quicker this time too. Anyways, this leaves just E3M5 and E3M6 from the original pack. Congratulations again on the awesome demo.

Great stuff everyone! 2012 has been such a good year for Doom speedrunning, the year has just started and there is already quite a collection of "non-ordinary" demos.

So, to beat the old Max pack all that's left is E3M5 and E3M6?

I hadn't seen this done before, but on e2m7 you can jump to the blue key. It's not too difficult, and if you have the hp for it, rj is even easier. I know Memfis was complaining about those moving platforms you have to cross normally to hit the switch in his episode movie.

This is still an atrocious map for speedrun :P

a2d7jump.zip

NoobBait said:

E4M4 Pacifist in 0:34

LOL at the txt. I like it a lot! Hey, I like rocket jumps :) I've no idea how difficult it is, but if you can make it like >25% of the time, it is perfectly doable in a movie (there's also an easily accessible blue armor on this map). Very intelligent find, E3M6 as well, I always thought Chris H. was more careful about his maps and prevented "these" things...

E2M6 UV-Speed in 1:25

vdgg said:

I've no idea how difficult it is, but if you can make it like >25% of the time, it is perfectly doable in a movie (there's also an easily accessible blue armor on this map).

I'm not particularly good at it yet, I've only managed it a total of four times, and only once when recording. I'll keep practicing it, as it also would make that level rather easy on nightmare (especially with blue armor and soulsphere)

a2d6-125.zip

NoobBait said:

Presenting...

Episode 2 UV-Max Movie in 52:48

I know I said I'd do this months ago lol

Nicely done, I would think sub 50 minutes would be possible though I don't think anyone would be mad enough to do it.

Memfis said:

E2M1 UV-Max in 1:40

cool maneuvering, you're flicking the mouse so fast some turns look almost like a built demo.

E3M2 UV Max 7:28
The objective here was not to beat the record by one second, but this is all I can do for today and possible for the next week or so, maybe this will inspire someone :)

a3d2-728.zip