Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brewtal_Legend

Anyone else see this? Death Battle - Master Chief vs. Doomguy

I really hate the whole condescending tone and hipster-y presentation of the video. The attempts at humor fell flat with me as well. And the fact that Doomguy lost illustrates exactly what's wrong with kids today. They'd prefer to play as some derivative dork with regenerating health who fights against goofy-looking enemies instead of a real FPS hero who fights against DEMONS FROM HELL without any backup!

In summary, it sucks in my opinion.

Vordakk said:

They'd prefer to play as some derivative dork with regenerating health who fights against goofy-looking enemies instead of a real FPS hero who fights against DEMONS FROM HELL without any backup!

Heh, yeah... Halo to me plays like CoD except against escaped circus sex slaves. Killing something like that is hardly heroic. No, it's murder.

I was definitely disappointed that Doomguy lost. Especially in a somewhat cheap way.

I've never actually played Halo, so it's hard to make an educated and unbiased opinion on whether he should have won. Although in all around bad assatude, he definitely should have.

I don't think it was meant as a popularity contest. Seems like they put a good amount of though into analyzing each character. I love the part with the invincibility sphere.

Doomguy would have just walked through the bubble shield and berzerk punched MC in the throat. These guys don't know shit.

Also, there's no way their difference in speed is that small. Well, perhaps if Master Chief is using vehicles but otherwise Doomguy's speed looks to be at least 1.5x that of Master Chief's. What is even worse is that Doomguy doesn't even use his incredible speed for his advantage in any way.

I made it about a minute and a half in before giving up. Which is a shame, because it's really well presented and they obviously did their research. But the voiceovers are absolute shit, especially the jackass trying to sound like a drill sergeant. What started out so promising was ruined by what sounded like two 20 year-olds fucking around.

Creaphis said:

I was going to post that Doomguy has never found true love, but then I remembered, yes, he has.

10 out of 10 Doomworld forum readers expected impse, then felt uneasy when they realized they considered having sex with someone and breaking her neck afterward to be true love

Yep I saw it. I think Master Chief won just to do the teabagging...

I'm not liking Screw Attack lately with most of the good interns leaving and the site redesign. I think they've become what they hate, which is a company game site with no soul. Its been losing its heart since they moved their office. A lot of their lists are just to get people talking which leads to more publicity for them. Their top 10 lists, their death battles with a my little pony going over Starscream from Decepticons. Its a good kind of discussion.

Brewtal_Legend said:

I've never actually played Halo...

If you ever do, be prepared for long walks through mono-textured corridors and structures. At least that's what I remembered about Halo 1. I dunno if that decision was made to make it easier to handle on the Xbox hardware, but it drove me crazy. Coupled with the fact that I hated everything else about the game, wacky enemies, weak unsatisfying weapons, etc.

Brewtal_Legend said:

Was curious if anyone else has seen this?

Yeah, someone wrote to me a few weeks ago saying "Wiz and Boomstick" copy-pasted some footage from my YouTube channel for their Death Battle video.
After figuring out what "Wiz and Boomstick" was, I saw it and was thinking hey, that's kinda cool!... until the end when I thought "You Bastards!" in a South Park voice.
;D

ITT: Butthurt about DG losing

At least they made him a total badass, that's good enough for me.

I've never played Halo either. In fact for a long time I thought it was Doom Guy in Halo.

K!r4 said:

Where can I get the picture at 4:13? I like it.

It's by Agent Scarlet and you can find it here.
Check out the other works too. Good stuff.

Edit: Also remembered this, with a forum thread showing a more box-arty mod of the image by 'Rokeden'.