Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Olivera

The DooMed Speed Demos Archive returns!

Daiyu's speedrun for Hell Revealed MAP10 is 12 seconds slower than the record, rather than 12 seconds faster. He accidentally wrote "0:24" in the HR10-048 textfile.

Sedlo's Doom 2 tas demo (pa15x103) is for the normal exit rather than the secret exit.

"P202-012" is just a misnamed duplicate of Light_Speed's P217-012.

Jario's HR2 MAP23 NM Speed time is actually 5:34, and it's also NM100S.

lightspeed's pl2 demos: p202-012 is the same thing as p217-012, which is a TAS run with sr50 on turns and quite possibly slo-mo too (the first use press is a 1 tic action, the other two take 2 tics).

ehiya Andy
can you please add also the TNT-pack file? file is too big, so I uploaded it here

http://www.2shared.com/file/xOM7K12y/TNT_demopack20fix5.html?
it's the compilation of the newer 32 max records we scored in last 2 months.

so the renamed lmps are the ones already up in the archive like for the plutonia's and hr's old demopacks

edit: let me know if anything is unclear or should be changed

None of Anders Johnsen's COMPET-N entries are listed as C-N entries for hr.wad. This is very confusing for people trying to find and brake current C-N records especially since Anders Johnsen holds most of the current C-N records for hr.wad.

Archy: If you'd like to create a list of which demos are/were records, I'll be sure to fix them.

Tatsurd: I'll get j4rio's demo into the coming update.

Everything else fixed or changed since the last update.

I said:

None of Anders Johnsen's COMPET-N entries are listed as C-N entries for hr.wad. This is very confusing for people trying to find and brake current C-N records especially since Anders Johnsen holds most of the current C-N records for hr.wad.

Andy Olivera replied:
Archy: If you'd like to create a list of which demos are/were records, I'll be sure to fix them.

Here's the MAX section, I'll do the other categories later.
All demos are by Anders Johnsen unless stated otherwise. Demo already listed with the "C-N" marks will not be listed here, just the ones from (the real Hegyi\pre-Hegyi era)COMPET-N that are NOT listed with the "C-N" marks.

MAX:
HR01-131
HR01-134
HR01-250 - Yonatan Donner

HR02-233
HR02-241 (not to be confused with Light_Speed's ZDoom run of the same map in the same time)
HR02-324 - Yonatan Donner (not to be confused with Daiyu Xiaoxiang's PrBoom run of the same map in the same time)

HR03-239 - Henning Skogsto
HR03-336 - Yonatan Donner

HR04-127
HR04-141
HR04-217 - Yonatan Donner

HR05-412 - Yonatan Donner
HR05-707 - Yonatan Donner

HR06-354
HR06-407
HR06-757 - Yonatan Donner

HR07-431 - Adam Hegyi
Hr07-435 - Henning Skogsto
HR07-447 - Alexander Sushkov
HR07-451 - Kai-Uwe Humpert
HR07-553 - Yonatan Donner

HR08-359
HR08-510
HR08-908 - Yonatan Donner

HR091052 - Peo Sjoblom
HR092337 - Yonatan Donner

HR10-344
HR10-453 - Peo Sjoblom (DSDA has this demo wrongly listed as an Anders Johnsen demo)
HR10-816 - Yonatan Donner

HR111552 - Peo Sjoblom
HR113345 - Peo Sjoblom

HR12-552
HR12-635 - Alexander Sushkov
HR12-647
HR121015 - Peo Sjoblom

HR131542 - Peo Sjoblom
HR133446 - Peo Sjoblom

HR142057 - Peo Sjoblom
HR143939 - Peo Sjoblom

HR151233 - Chrozoron
HR153034 - Yonatan Donner

HR161854 - Yonatan Donner
HR162751 - Yonatan Donner

HR171251 - Chrozoron
HR172801 - Peo Sjoblom

HR182206 - Ryback
HR182425 - Ryback
HR182654 - Yonatan Donner
HR184144 - Peo Sjoblom

HR19-301 - Yonatan Donner
HR19-415 - Yonatan Donner

HR201607 - Yonatan Donner
HR202711 - Peo Sjoblom

HR21-907 - Alexander Sushkov
hr21-951 - Alexander Sushkov
HR211251 - Henning Skogsto
HR212628 - Yonatan Donner

HR22-936
HR22-943
HR221409 - Daniel Lindgren

HR231756 - Peo Sjoblom
HR233436 - Peo Sjoblom

HR241545 - Richie Agnew
HR241626 - Richie Agnew
HR241850 - Kai-Uwe Humpert

HR25-414 - Adam Hegyi
HR25-430 - Adam Hegyi
HR25-449 - Adam Hegyi
HR25-500 - Kai-Uwe Humpert

HR263309 - Kai-Uwe Humpert
HR264105 - Peo Sjoblom
HR264502 - Kai-Uwe Humpert

hr27-636
hr27-745 - Alexander Sushkov
hr27-842 - Alexander Sushkov
hr27-847
hr27-936 - Alexander Sushkov
HR271152
HR272318 - Yonatan Donner

HR28-631
hr28-707 - Claudio Barba (vdgg states that this isn't a C-N entry, though this archive mirror of COMPET-N has the demo here)
HR28-824
HR28-844
HR281319 - Yonatan Donner

HR291056 - Esko Koskimaa (This guy's demo isn't even on DSDA for some reason...)
HR291540 - Peo Sjoblom

hr31-755 - Alexander Sushkov
HR31-934 - Yonatan Donner
HR311720 - Yonatan Donner

HR32-414
HR32-508 - Yonatan Donner
HR32-742 - Yonatan Donner

92 demos if I counted correctly. If you would like me to upload a zip containing the original txt files, I will do so. I don't know how I'd upload them with the lmp files due to the 204800 byte limit.

I've made this a sticky thread. I'm aware that it's best if a forum doesn't have too many stickies, but maybe 5 is just about OK.

@Grazza: this thread seems to be always near the top anyway...

@Archy: nice job, though I noticed Claudio Barba's name, his demos were not C-N. Not submitted as such, and hr28-707 doesn't appear in the archives.

I always thought lack of C-N was an integral part of a demo being included in a demo pack. To make it more simple, every Max from the pluvdemo.zip, MM2 pack, both Requiem packs and probably more, as well as -fast demos from the Final Doom GM pack, would qualify. This would also mean the other categories would be OK (not 100% guarantee, it's just that I didn't notice any discrepancies myself).

Also, would it be possible to ignore my failed pf15 (saying just in case) and add instead this one (CRFE_P1)?
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1038471#post1038471

vdgg said:

@Archy: nice job, though I noticed Claudio Barba's name, his demos were not C-N. Not submitted as such, and hr28-707 doesn't appear in the archives.

That's funny that it ended up on http://competn.mancubus.net/pwads/hr/max/ (add hr28-707.zip to the end of the URL to get the lmp)

Assuming that it was in indeed not submitted to C-N, it must be a mirror error or "misupload" or something of the sort. According to DSDA, Claudio Barba
has two UV-Fast C-N entries for Doom2, so those may also not be "real entries".

vdgg also said:

I always thought lack of C-N was an integral part of a demo being included in a demo pack. To make it more simple, every Max from the pluvdemo.zip, MM2 pack, both Requiem packs and probably more, as well as -fast demos from the Final Doom GM pack, would qualify. This would also mean the other categories would be OK (not 100% guarantee, it's just that I didn't notice any discrepancies myself).

I always came up with the same answer for "why the C-N entries weren't listed as such." It always annoyed me that they weren't listed as C-N entries, as I love collecting C-N demos, but I was just to lazy to do anything about it. When Anders Johnsen posted here, I remembered about the HR C-N issue on DSDA and since I have allot more patience now, I decided to download all HR max demos, and see which ones where listed, and which one were not.

Archy said:

According to DSDA, Claudio Barba has two UV-Fast C-N entries for Doom2, so those may also not be "real entries".

Claudio did submit those two demos to Compet-N incoming, but they're the only two he ever did, everything else was SDA only.

The following Plutonia demos by Eugene Kapustin were recorded with Doom2 1.9f: MAP15 Max in 2:38, Respawn 1:41, MAP27 Fast in 3:05. Also every demo by Aqfaq (just three of them).

145 demos this week.

All fixed since last update.

Archy: Thanks for the list. For the record, Esko's HR29 demo is listed under Other, as he misses a Chaingunner.

Regarding the Compet-N records in collections, I'll be happy to mark them as C-N if someone can verify them. For example, when Adam added the new WADs, didn't he just add the current records to the database? In other words, wouldn't rquvlmp2 be included, but requvlmp not be?

Donce's NM Speed on ritesmit has probably the Engine section put wrongly.

rquvlmp: I'd say both packs were included, as in the database (e.g. compet-n.zip via a link on the first page of the Compet-N discussion sticky: link repeated for convenienve) the older and the newer demos are there. Don't know why, but in the case of rq27 it proved to be far-sighted, as the only legal Max is by Kai-Uwe. Thus we have:

Requiem: rquvlmp, rquvlmp2, except: MAP30 UV Speeds, not complete maxes ("Other"), MAP21 maxes I guess not, as even though in the database, they were disqualified for not using the patch introduced later. Also listing Rudy's demo as C-N would be confusing as it is still the fastest one.

MM2: mm2_3 demos only, except "Other". There's also a bit unfortunate case of MAPS1 and MAPS2 Maxes by Anders. They are NOT in the database, but the rest of the demos in other categories are marked C-N. I think should be C-N so we are consistent with TGH's, Revved's and Adam W's records in the remaining categories.

MM would require some more work I guess (I just looked at it), so I'll leave it like this now and update this post later.

Thanks Andy for fixing the C-N issue, hr.wad looks much better now.

Andy Olivera said:

Regarding the Compet-N records in collections, I'll be happy to mark them as C-N if someone can verify them. For example, when Adam added the new WADs, didn't he just add the current records to the database? In other words, wouldn't rquvlmp2 be included, but requvlmp not be?

Once I get more time, I'll verify some more C-N demos, but you might have to wait a while.

Requiem is too infrequently played and kept up with from me to say anything is for certain is verified, since I don't have any more records in that pwad.

Also, curious, where do I post up new demos for The Master Levels? I can't find a thread.

There's been a major addition at the DSDA. Check the 'Settings' page and let me know if anything doesn't appear to be working correctly.

The idea for the ability to remove any category or type came courtesy of Istvan Pataki.