Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MasterofJKD

help with this sprite

I was trying to get this http://realm667.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=851:sitting-corpses&catid=69:gore-a-corpses&Itemid=199
into my wad with XWE I opened my wad file, then File>Merge> and then selected the sprite...it merged alright but when I opened doombuilder I would expect that sprite to be in the Decorate category but it isnt there I dont know what I'm doing wrong. I've merged multiple monsters into my wad like this and it would show up in the decorate file but this is giving me trouble.

Use slade3 its alot more reliable than XWE. To do it you should just move the sprites into the wad then if you already have a decorate lump copy and paste the decorate from the file into your wads decorate and it should work

Yeah that still didnt solve the problem, is anyone willing to download that file to see whats wrong, I tried adding it into the wad with Slade3 and copy and pasting the decorate info but still nothing, I think maybe its because in the decorate file it doesnt have any numbers for "type" where usually custom monsters would have a number. If that makes any sense.

I was able to put the sprite into the map now, but zdoom says "solid" is not a correct actor type, or some such nonsense as that, any suggestions?

MasterofJKD said:

I was able to put the sprite into the map now, but zdoom says "solid" is not a correct actor type, or some such nonsense as that, any suggestions?

The DECORATE lumps for these actors follow the old specs, and such, using the word actor will confuse the engine. Also they are missing a DoomED number.

Use this instead

CarcassSittingMarine
{
DoomEdNum 15000
Solid
Height 32
Radius 20
Sprite SIT1
Frames "A"
}

CarcassSittingMaintenance
{
DoomEdNum 15001
Solid
Height 32
Radius 20
Sprite SIT2
Frames "A"
}
Of course, the DoomEdNum must be unique.

DB2 will not show the images of old DECORATE specs. Simply entering the DoomEd number in the thing selection will suffice.