Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
printz

Portal question

Is there any way to make a wall portal connect two areas of different altitudes? I'm trying to make the illusion that two hallways of wildly different altitudes have a window between them (through which you can see, maybe even interact) and that they appear at the same height. I know I can connect such hallways of different XY coordinates and make them appear as neighbours, but different Z coords seems another matter.

What about "passive" (non-linked) anchored portals? Maybe I should try those, they likely existed before the need to separate sectors into layers (or how they're called inside). Maybe I can use those as purely informational windows between separate areas... (I'm now thinking about joining two extremities of the same layer with a passive anchored portal). Do wall anchored portals exist?

The non-linked portals also require matching geometry.

The fixed plane portals can work with different heights between the linked planes, but that's because the (fixed) view is rendered from a Thing point. Like sky, it means that the view shifts with a moving player.

Seems like, while I do have to obey the Z coordinates, I can still make some glitch-free Prey-like plane portals (a little box with a world inside). Awesome.