Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HavoX

Proposed Hawaiian Bill May Force ISPs to Spy on Users’ Browsing Habits

I sometimes wish it was humanly possible to have a global committee of random, sane individuals who can be called out of nowhere at a moment's notice and immediately veto stupid bills on sight.

GOD SMITE!

Why does the government want to know my masturbation material so much?

I'm getting tired of the governments fascination with recording everything I do. And I'm especially tired of idiots thinking the government won't abuse this privilege. Just read some of the comments in those articles.

Technician said:

Why does the government want to know my masturbation material so much?

If you have nothing to hide, what are afraid of? [/typical straw man argument]

Honestly guys, I'm starting to wonder if more regulation of the internet is needed. As it is, the internet is basically anarchy where anyone can get away with anything, and I hate anarchism, nothing but a bunch of punsk with shitty music.

It needs to reflect the real world that it is in, and that is a regulated, monitored one. I don't see why people should just be allowed to pirate and hurt companie's profits, in the name of defending "free speech". People should be allowed to say what they want, but not take whatever they want.

bulletz292 said:

Honestly guys, I'm starting to wonder if more regulation of the internet is needed. As it is, the internet is basically anarchy where anyone can get away with anything, and I hate anarchism, nothing but a bunch of punsk with shitty music.

If you believe in recording and archiving private information, and making it accessible is the proper way to run a society, than I'd call you an idiot.

It needs to reflect the real world that it is in, and that is a regulated, monitored one.

Yeah, it's the only way to fight the terrorists. After all, we have nothing to hide, right? [I should probably dictate that this is sarcasm]

I don't see why people should just be allowed to pirate and hurt companie's profits, in the name of defending "free speech".People should be allowed to say what they want, but not take whatever they want.

Retard logic or a poor attempt at a fallacy?

bulletz292 said:

The internet needs to reflect the real world that it is in, and that is a regulated, monitored one.

Seriously? The internet is one of the last places that has true free expression, and that should never be removed from it.

bulletz292 said:

I hate anarchism, nothing but a bunch of punsk with shitty music.

bulletz292 said:

It needs to reflect the real world that it is in, and that is a regulated, monitored one.

Sure. Let's make it like those shitty dictatorships where half of the population is busy snitching and ratting out the other half. It's all shit and giggles until you have to rat our your family, or someone who doesn't like you too much rats you out just to make you feel the heat.

bulletz292 said:

Honestly guys, I'm starting to wonder if more regulation of the internet is needed.

Yeah, because the American government (amongst others) isn't nosing into people's lives enough already.

bulletz292 said:

Honestly guys, I'm starting to wonder if more regulation of the internet is needed.

No. The internet does not belong to the USA or any other country. Attempting to regulate, censor or control it, is a violation of human rights & freedom of speech. In fact, it would halt human progress & development. What are you afraid of? Its time to grow up & let go, that goes for you & the other control freaks, fear mongers & narcissistic fascists out there.

bulletz292 said:

As it is, the internet is basically anarchy where anyone can get away with anything, and I hate anarchism, nothing but a bunch of punsk with shitty music.

No, anarchism is not about getting away with everything, its about stopping "authority" getting away with everything. In this instance, the internet is very useful. Remember the Arab Spring?: "A revolutionary wave of demonstrations and protests occurring in the Arab world that began on Saturday, 18 December 2010. The protests have shared techniques of civil resistance in sustained campaigns involving strikes, demonstrations, marches and rallies, as well as the use of SOCIAL MEDIA to ORGANIZE, COUMMUNICATE, and RAISE AWARENESS in the face of state attempts at REPRESSION and INTERNET CENCORSHIP". Btw, most anarchists oppose all forms of aggression, you are probably thinking of violent & nonsensical nihilists.

bulletz292 said:

It needs to reflect the real world that it is in, and that is a regulated, monitored one. I don't see why people should just be allowed to pirate and hurt companie's profits, in the name of defending "free speech". People should be allowed to say what they want, but not take whatever they want.

It does reflect the real world! Thats the fracking point!!
Oh, wait... You meant to tell us that everything the mainstream media, commercial music biz, & Hollywood, makes us listen to or watch, is worth all that money? Insane amounts of money, wasted away on stupidity?

Membrain said:

I refuse to believe that bulletz292's post was serious.

FUN FACT: bulletz292 wakes up each day at 4:30 to read the Bible, and about-faces and clicks his heels about 193 times a day, consuming no less than two pair of shoes per trimester. Did I mention he also has a perfectly shaved, square chin and a square flattop cut?

bulletz292 said:

No John, YOU...

Wait, who are you, and have you not heard of the First Amendment?

HavoX said:

Wait, who are you, and have you not heard of the First Amendment?

Hell yeah he has. And he intends to do something about it, dammit!

As fucking stupid as he was, was banning him really necessary? I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's just incredibly ignorant rather than trolling. Not that I'll miss him at all, I just thought that maybe two posts was a little early, especially considering that neither were inflammatory, just stupid.

Maybe losering would've been a more reasonable punishment for such idiocy.

As for the subject of internet regulation, I just wonder when governments are going to stop these constant attempts at censorship. (probably never) Let's just hope they don't succeed at any time.

EDIT: derp, grammar error

Heh, it would be anarchy otherwise. Better to show him how his utopia works.

He was probably ban-evading or had some other stupid crap that got deleted. I'd guess the former, since PH yields nothing.

I laughed at all the responses to him, though. 9-hit combo!