Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

Base Ganymede released

After being in development for some two and a half years, Khorus has finally finished his three-episodes megawad project Base Ganymede. For those who do not know, Base Ganymede is a one-man project for vanilla Doom which plays out on the largest moon in the solar system, Ganymede.

Very nice! Khorus is a really inspiring mapper, I'll have to give these a whirl real soon.

Awesome! I was keeping up with the progress and screenshots but I never did make any comments. I've been looking forward to the final release though so I'll be sure to give them a play soon.

Also congrats on the release Khorus!

I spoke with Hex this morning and there is now an Odamex server running Base Ganymede: Complete for 4-player coop. I have played through almost all of E1 myself so far and have had a lot of fun (except for the asshole Spider Demon spawning in nukage and ripping me a new one).

Thanks everyone! :D

Ralphis said:

I spoke with Hex this morning and there is now an Odamex server running Base Ganymede: Complete for 4-player coop.

Excellent, thanks to both of you. :)

heh spider

Ralphis said:

I spoke with Hex this morning and there is now an Odamex server running Base Ganymede: Complete for 4-player coop. I have played through almost all of E1 myself so far and have had a lot of fun (except for the asshole Spider Demon spawning in nukage and ripping me a new one).

Nightmare mode?

40oz said:

Nightmare mode?

Close enough. I got on and it's set to -fast. Good thing my ping isn't too bad, though those spectres can be nasty with even a little lag.

Base Ganymede probably wouldn't be very good for Nightmare anyway, the design of the levels can be pretty complicated, and loaded with various objectives, few secrets and shortcuts, and there are lots of monsters stationed in sniping positions and large packs. Playing with fast monsters on made the maps super tedious for that reason.

To be fair though, my opinion is super biased because I haven't yet reached Episode 2 or 3, and was playing coop with fast monsters on by myself, and as of late have been playing strictly deathmatches and Perdition's gate on Nightmare.

w00tz! I should get on and try that coop, sounds super fun!

Played a little of the first episode and thought that the layout and game play were both top notch. No excessive detail, just genuine action and a meticulous attention to pace and flow. Can't wait to play more of it when I get the chance.

Got stuck on coop e1m6 after dying in the yellow keycard room and not being able to get back in :(

Csonicgo said:

To the trolls that are voting this down: screw you.

Heh, thanks. :P I don't mind it so much though, helps get my wad distributed throughout the world!

Ralphis said:

Got stuck on coop e1m6 after dying in the yellow keycard room and not being able to get back in :(

Oh damn, sorry about that. :( I should have put a teleporter that lowers in the room before.

Well not so sorry about the dieing part, I enjoy it when that happens heh. :p

fiend-o-hell said:

Played a little of the first episode and thought that the layout and game play were both top notch. No excessive detail, just genuine action and a meticulous attention to pace and flow. Can't wait to play more of it when I get the chance.

Great to hear, thanks. :)

The intermission screens still show me "HANGAR", the Phobos base etc. Hahahahaha!

To the trolls that are voting this down: screw you.

What's up with that, anyway? Khorus is one of the nicest guys out there and not a single thing about this project could be considered pretentious or controversial. It boggles the mind.

Phml said:

What's up with that, anyway? Khorus is one of the nicest guys out there and not a single thing about this project could be considered pretentious or controversial. It boggles the mind.

I'm a reverse troll: I'm rating wads I don't even play with 5 stars. [I've played this mod by the way]

E3M8 exited on me after killing the cyber :P

It's the best UDoom mod I've played in years.

Belial said:

Haha, seriously? :P What port were you using?

It's the best UDoom mod I've played in years.

Wow, that's great to hear, thank you. :)

Belial said:

complevel set to 2, I imagine (emulating Registered Doom 1.9).

Grazza said:

Hmm. Chocolate Doom didn't pick up on this, is this a bug there or just a failure on my part? :p I can do a bugfix version if need be as no-one has recorded on this map yet (and fix the E1M6 bug Ralphis brought up while I'm at it)

Using Doom v1.9 (or earlier) for the registered version, killing any and all cyberdemons in E3M8 or all spiderdemons in E2M8 will trigger the exit. In Doom for the Ultimate DOOM, this was modified so that the game exits only by killing the type of boss used in the original id levels. It's not a bug in the level, just what happens if you use the pre-ultimate v1.9 of Doom, -complevel 2 in PrBoom/+ (instead of -complevel 3) or -gameversion 1.9 (instead of the default ultimate, unless you're using the older registered IWAD) in Chocolate. This quirk also affects E1M8, but using the baron trigger for any boss type, possibly more than once, such as in UAC Dead.

Grazza said:

Yeah, I only use 2 and 9, didn't even realize what differences there are between 2 and 3.