Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jodwin

Lets talk about gay

Would you vote for a gay presidential candidate?

ABC News wrote:
Sauli Niinisto, a former finance minister, won 37 percent of the vote, well ahead of the other candidates but short of the majority needed to avoid a second round, official preliminary results showed.

With all votes counted, Pekka Haavisto, of the Greens party, was second with 18.8 percent, securing his place in the Feb. 5 runoff.

Political analyst Olavi Borg says Haavisto has little chance to beat Niinisto in a runoff. Large segments of Finnish voters will find it difficult to back a gay candidate, Borg said. Haavisto has been living in a registered partnership with another man for 10 years.

Discuss.

I'd vote for a gay presidential candidate, a woman, a lesbian, an alien, a mexican, an asian or any presidential candidate that I felt was the best man for the job. Its like how my governor Blogoyovitch was impeached for trying to sell Obama's senate seat. That doesn't mean he's not still the best governor in the past 30+ years.

geo said:

I'd vote for a gay presidential candidate, a woman, a lesbian, an alien, a mexican, an asian or any presidential candidate that I felt was the best man for the job.

Besides, it's well known that politicians actually belong to an alien reptilian race...hmm...Imps?

You could say that politicians are gay already, but in a Big Gay Bubba sense, as they keep screwing voters up the ass.

The governor of NJ came out of the closet and he had 2 kids and a wife. So he had to give up the office. Everytime someone tells me someone isn't gay because they have a wife and kids I always reference that NJ governor.

boris said:

Yeah, he's probably the third most spoken about politician in Finland right now... You could summarize the current political debate in Finland as follows:

"But he's GAY! He'll get killed if we send him to Saudi Arabia for a visit!"
"Westerwelle is gay and still alive."
"But he's GAY!!!"

The only people who'd vote no are the same who are still against gay marriage: people who have been told their whole lives that homosexuals have "backwards" lifestyles, and aren't fit for marriage, raising children, public office, or otherwise being fitting members of society.

Sexual preference or gender differences (even trans or intersex) will not keep me from voting for candidate XYZ.

DuckReconMajor said:

The only people who'd vote no are the same who are still against gay marriage: people who have been told their whole lives that homosexuals have "backwards" lifestyles, and aren't fit for marriage, raising children, public office, or otherwise being fitting members of society.

Hey, in the Army manual I was given to study, it lists homosexuality as a disease.

I don't see why it would matter. I mean, I know to some people it does, but it's utterly irrelevant to me.

Jodwin said:

Discuss.

:/

Them god damn gays being in positions of power, corrupting our children! We need to stop 'em! Vote NO!!!

Maes said:

Hey, in the Army manual I was given to study, it lists homosexuality as a disease.

Only recently was it omitted from the DSM, too.

Yes.

On that note, they did a survey and found out that less people would vote for an atheist than any other minority, including gays. It was only about 10% that actually would vote for an atheist.

>that feel when you'll never win public office because of your religious affiliation
okay.jpg

I'm also surprised that no one has mentioned Harvey Milk yet. The movie about him was really good:

Absolutely not. If we have a gay president, it opens the doors to accepting gay people as citizens in full form. Then that leads to pedophilia being okay--then what's next, presidents fucking little kids the everyone being okay with it?

Hell no!

geo said:

Its like how my governor Blogoyovitch was impeached for trying to sell Obama's senate seat. That doesn't mean he's not still the best governor in the past 30+ years.

Huh??? Blagojevich struggled to pass legislation and budgets and had historically low approval ratings within Illinois; at one time the Rasmussen Reports ranked him "America's Least Popular Governor" even before the news of his corruption investigation broke. I'm convinced that you think he was "the best governor on the past 30+ years" simply because he was a Dem. That says a lot actually.

On topic, I have no problem with gays and actually live with two of them, though I'm straight myself. I vote based on job qulaifications, not sexual preference.

I'm sure there were other democrats in IL governor's office in the last 30 years. Most of them have all had charges filed against them too.

Bloggo's budget had him laying off hundreds of thousands of iDot workers or however many it was. I know 4 people who were laid off. They joked how Bloggo will be found dead one day. Instead he was just thrown out of office... and replaced by Quinn who rehired all of the iDot workers and put them to work repaving pretty much every road in Illinois at once. To compensate that, there is a candy / carbonated beverage / alcohol tax.

Laying off hundreds of thousands of workers with families would get historically low approval ratings. 4 years before the corruption charges. It was one of the first things that Bloggo did to meet the budget, because you can't pull funding from education, police or fire departments.

Maes said:

Yes, but in Greece you're considered diseased if you're not hitting on any female half your age who has a pulse. At least this is the report I've had from every woman I've ever known who went there. :p

People's fear of gays is sad and stupid. Danarchy has an interesting point though. People are so much more scared of atheists they usually won't even talk about us. I bet there aren't many homophobic atheists.

geo said:

I'm sure there were other democrats in IL governor's office in the last 30 years.

Nope. Blago was the first Democrat to be elected Governor of Illinois since Daniel Walker in 1972. You've really done your homework.

I think it's sad yet oddly fascinating how people will obsess over issues like politicians' sexuality or religious background and yet completely ignore all the things that do matter.

If any president had my best interests at heart regarding policies I'd back him. I couldn't give a fuck about what he does in his spare time or in his sex life, or whether he is religious or not.

fraggle said:

I think it's sad yet oddly fascinating how people will obsess over issues like politicians' sexuality or religious background and yet completely ignore all the things that do matter.

I guess it's just easier to undestand and talk about those topics than about the political achievements or goals of the candidate in question.

Heh does anyone remember this little gem?

My wife and I awoke to shocking news
The courts were rigged so the "gays" couldn't lose
Then they induced a justice miscarriage
Their activist judges outlawed straight marriage!

They ordered me to say bye to my wife
They didn't uphold the style of my life
Now a man is all a man can marry
But Adam had Eve, not some guy named Larry!

Wasn't enough that they ordered divorce
They planned to make me "tolerant" by force
"Everyone must be 'gay', including you!"
That's when the court told me what I had to do

They said...

I had to marry a dude (by court order)
If not then I would be sued (by court order)
They sent some guy to be wooed (by court order)
And so I married a dude (the court ordered)

My new "husband" and I live in a house
Official documents say he's my "spouse"
For martial duties I am liable
They just don't care what it says in the Bible!

Now homosexuals make all the rules
And all us Christians are treated like fools
The things they want will make your blood curdle
Next thing you know you'll marry a box turtle!

'Til then...

I had to marry a dude (by court order)
Our wedding was in the nude (by court order)
Law says you can't be a "prude" (by court order)
Saying "no way!" would be rude (by court order)
Now Godly marriage is lewd (by court order)
And so I married a
And so I married a
And so I married a dude (I was ordered)

REAL TALK