Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dubh

Doom3 at Quakecon 2002 (Testing Grounds)??

Has id ever used Quakecon for a massive testing ground for a new product in development?. It is a bring-your-own-machine event isn't it? What better place to test, run the single-player game on all machines and take advantage of the lan to report bugs. Was this done for Quake3?

Dubh said:

Has id ever used Quakecon for a massive testing ground for a new product in development?. It is a bring-your-own-machine event isn't it? What better place to test, run the single-player game on all machines and take advantage of the lan to report bugs. Was this done for Quake3?

Too dangerous, the build would get leaked.

Hey Zaldron,

I never thought of that. Its a pity there isn't a secure way because that would probably be a great opportunity to test.

They wouldn't hand out DoomTest somewhere without putting it online first. After the Unreal 2 Alpha and those Quakecon screenshots, I think they'll be thinking twice before trusting the gaming community again.

/me freezes the pool of muck and throws it like a frisbee into the gates of hell

Good idea. shame it won't happen.

MACVILE_WHORE said:

/me SMACKS bbg and than force feeds him some c0ff33 and watches him melt into a pool of organic muck

/me smacks MACVILE_WHORE around with a rock until his head bleeds and then bbg urinates on MAC, then he shits in his mouth and farts in his face THEN he grabs a fucking crowbar, beats MAC senseless then he shoves a 20 foot long 5 foot around rod right up MAC's anus and out his mouth, impaling him, the goes to find EVERY ONE OF MAC'S family members and kills them violently then bbg sits down and takes a smoke break, then he goes back to MAC's lifeless corpse, sets it on fire and spreads the ashes over the worst thing in the world, TRENT REZNOR then he shoots TRENT REZNOR then kills the rest of NIN with a shotgun, blows up their bodies then goes and has sex with 3 women at the same time, then gets one pregnant, has a kid, has to pay child support then looses his job because he whacked it then goes insane, kills 50 people in mall and goes to jail for the rest of his life

How is that for a /me post?

bigbadgangsta said:

/me smacks MACVILE_WHORE around with a rock until his head bleeds and then bbg urinates on MAC, then he shits in his mouth and farts in his face THEN he grabs a fucking crowbar, beats MAC senseless then he shoves a 20 foot long 5 foot around rod right up MAC's anus and out his mouth, impaling him, the goes to find EVERY ONE OF MAC'S family members and kills them violently then bbg sits down and takes a smoke break, then he goes back to MAC's lifeless corpse, sets it on fire and spreads the ashes over the worst thing in the world, TRENT REZNOR then he shoots TRENT REZNOR then kills the rest of NIN with a shotgun, blows up their bodies then goes and has sex with 3 women at the same time, then gets one pregnant, has a kid, has to pay child support then looses his job because he whacked it then goes insane, kills 50 people in mall and goes to jail for the rest of his life

How is that for a /me post?

This is a "reconstruction" of an old post which I can't find:
...And an eternal rain of cofee showered down upon this fool.