Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Evolution

ZDaemon Thursday Night Survival #25 - Base Ganymede: Complete

We've played through Khorus' works before, and that session was certainly one to remember. Well, Base Ganymede is finally complete, a three episode replacement for Doom set on one of Jupiter's moons called Ganymede. These maps look like they'll cater nicely for just about anybody who enjoys ripping shells into demons, so come down and make your presence felt!

• Skill: Ultra Violence
  • PWADs: bgcomp, 02xpain, tskins1e, miekskins-r3
  • Maps: E1M1-E3M9
  • Lives: 1
  • Players: 25/50
  • Servers: [L@P] & [DUI] NJ
  • When: 20:00 GMT (Euro session) / 20:00 EST (US session)
On another note: Just how good is your aim? This month plays host to xc7, instagib style, for the official Euro New School Tournament February '12. It's open to players outside of Europe too. Sign ups close on the 5th. Interested? Read more here. Just grab the latest version of ZDaemon and join all the fun.

Oh cool, just noticed this. Hope it works out smoothly. :)

It's worth noting that there is a show stopper bug on e1m6 if all the players in the yellow key area die as people won't be able to get back in (damn D1 linedef!).

edit: 1111 posts zomgawd

Khorus said:

It's worth noting that there is a show stopper bug on e1m6 if all the players in the yellow key area die as people won't be able to get back in (damn D1 linedef!).

Ok people, here's the plan for that point...do NOT let me be the only one to jump into that trap. I will probably die in some silly fashion and force everyone to restart ;P.

If that's the worst of the nasty bugs, I'd say this will still be an awesome session.

MAYBE I'll be useful for once instead of kicking off every map (Usually within the first minute too), heh.

This is cool (I've jumped in in some previous sessions) but I hope the ZDaemon team updates the engine soon with fixes because 1.09 beta 24 crashes always on my system (unlike beta 23). I read a post by Beast who was having crashing problems, so hopefully they have enough incentive to catch the issues.

For the line bug maybe a quick fix WAD could be added for that level?

myk: The client has been updated already! A hotfix was released a few days days after b24. :)

Regarding the line bug: I'll let worst know and maybe we can produce a patch wad, fear not if we don't though, as Worst was showing me some super mega ultra serious magic acs trickery - we can warp players around the map a bit...

yeah, but then worst got sidetracked and made the nurseimp instead. nurseimp, goddamit! i'd hit that so hard.

Yea I truly questioned the Medic Imp once I got to ep. 2. Episode one was absurd with -fast turned on! And I was able to fight half of E1M6 solo as Bunghole69, and beat it... dang that cyber was fast.

Yea playing with -fast was nuts, but then we got to ep. 2 and -fast was no longer on... so it was much easier.

Good times!