Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Relic

TBH I've been meaning to watch that movie on netflix just for that part, thank you

They call that cue a "Balabushka" (the Stradivarius of cuemakers) but it's actually a "Joss".

"The filmmakers feared that any cue used might get damaged during filming; especially in light of a scene set in a pool room where Cruise's character rapidly whirls the cue around in time to the song Werewolves of London. An original Balabushka was thus considered too valuable to be risked in the production." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Balabushka#Prominence

I always wondered if Tom Cruise or maybe Scorsese ever heard of this and made a comment. or would they care much.

and did any other games get their name in this fashion?

::a group of Brazilian gangsters report to the boss after a job::
Gangster 1: "We got the cash and got out of the bank safely without any trouble"
Boss: "Super, ma' Rio brothers"

OH NO YOU MENTIONED THE S-cult!

They take references to them VERY seriously, you know.

-nevermind-
this isn't the scientology thread... and I dont have enough ammo in my house if they come after me.

gravager said:

I always wondered if Tom Cruise or maybe Scorsese ever heard of this and made a comment. or would they care much.

and did any other games get their name in this fashion?

::a group of Brazilian gangsters report to the boss after a job::
Gangster 1: "We got the cash and got out of the bank safely without any trouble"
Boss: "Super, ma' Rio brothers"

LOL

Also, I had no idea there were legendary elite pool cues revered on the same level as Stradivarius violins (or fiddles as we normally call them), Hattori Hanzo steel, Holland & Holland double barrels, Brouwerij Westvleteren, Stacy Kiebler's legs, and DOOM.

but it makes perfect sense I suppose. Perhaps you've seen me playing billards at the pub, the guy chasing the white ball round the room after it disembarks the table.

bytor said:

Tom Cruise gittin' busy with Doom and Warren Zevon:

"Insanely unquotable video here"

Always wondered how the movie might be after reading masters of Doom - after the clip... Tom has to be the most embarrassing person on earth.
Can't hate on him though because he's hilarious in real life.

Maes said:

OH NO YOU MENTIONED THE S-cult!

They take references to them VERY seriously, you know.

Scientology is very bad! You hear me? SCIENTOLOGY is Very Very bad!

bytor said:

Tom Cruise gittin' busy with Doom and Warren Zevon:

ZrjSqK7xPLE

lol when Masters of Doom said the "resulting carnage" I thought they meant that literally and that the pool cue was actually a gun.

Or if it was an all-metal cue and he'd then proceeded to beat everybody to death with it.

Ironically once you get to the highest levels of Scientology you find out that the religion is based on Doom. Tom Cruise is a regular player between getting blow jobs from 12 year old boys that are supplied by the reptilian overlords. Doom is based on things that are actually real but covered up by the Illuminati. Tom Cruise is gay. Carmack is a satanist.

Even Bigger Robb said:

Carmack is a satanist.

Hail Satan! Hail Me!

[The FAQ in the Quake manual did explicitly say that the Id crew aren't satan worshippers.]