Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arioch

UGO Ads crashing browser

So there I was browsing merrily along when suddenly out of the blue an Internet Explorer error occurs, necessitating in a browser restart ...

'WTF", I think, "is IE crashing for me now?" and click to dismiss the error box.

Then I direct it at Doomworld again, and several clicks later it crashes again. This time I look at the error info, and lo and behold it was in flash.ocx and it looks like the incompetent moron jackasses at UGO managed to insert a flash ad into their rotation THAT CRASHES THE FLASH PLUG-IN and therefore IE ITSELF.

Jesus Fuck. I'm not surprised though. I haven't got it yet, but apparently my ads are a bit different from yours. Something regarding cookies maybe.

hmm, XP hasn't crashed for me yet, neither has IE 6.0 =P

IE 6 hasn't crashed on me yet either. I've been using it for months. I've had some flash ads that have refused to load (due to a bug in the ad itself or wrong version of flash or something) but no crashes.

You might not have to worry about any UGO ads anymore, because if I have to endure another day of the flashing "WINNER" banner on 99% of the forum pages, there simply won't be a UGO advertising department anymore.

"KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR BABYSITTER - Wireless Video Camera - X10.com"

I NEED A FUCKING IE PLUGIN THAT OVERRIDES THE LOADING OF 468x60 IMAGES FROM THE INTERNET.

Zaldron said:

I NEED A FUCKING IE PLUGIN THAT OVERRIDES THE LOADING OF 468x60 IMAGES FROM THE INTERNET.

Uh, there have been some for quite some time.

I remember getting one from Jon over a year ago. That was also 4 formats ago and I don't even remember the name.

Come to think of it, Julian has a CSS theme which removes the banners from DW. I forgot the location though.

Julian, get in here with your CSS address dammit. WE NEED YOU JULIAN, YOU'RE OUR ONLY HOPE!

You know what sucks? My uncle at Verant, the same uncle who, when I asked what kind of processor he got in his new computer replied with the term "something about ADM and P4, I'm not sure" GOT ONE. That son of bitch artist got a GeForce 4. The only thing he'll use it for is Photoshop and Maya, if you can imagine such cherry hardware going to waste.

God, I can't wait to get on out there.

DC

IE used to crash for me whenever I went to Doomworld, but that was because I used Ling's method of getting rid of popups, you know, editing that SAM or whatever file, and it ended up crashing everything with mediamgr.ugo.com in it, includng DW.

hey, I found another goodie: The Proxomitron http://www.proxomitron.org/

This one also prevents from all the pop-ups and has some really fancy features. I last tested this program 2000, but the current release is much better. It is really worth it.

Arioch said:

And it doesn't work on the forums.

Oh, duh, I forgot that was disabled.

Damn =(

/me goes to download webwasher.