Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Whitney Houston dead at 48

Once they ruled out criminal intent, it became obvious to me what it was. Either OD'd on something or her heart exploded on her from too much of said something. I will be stunned if it is anything else, once the reports come back.

I assume it is drug related as well. Two decades of crack fiending with Bobby Brown is bound to mess up your internals. A shame

she went bankrupt not long ago didn't she? or am i thinking of a different celeb?

The woman had a mean set of vocal chords. It's a shame her later life had to be defined by the whole "Crack is whack" incident. I can't help but notice that a lot of stars who hit their prime in the 80s are starting to go.

An amazing voice systematically ruined by her lifestyle choices, so I understand. But I can't say I knew her discography all that well except for that one song that was used in The Bodyguard.

Still, RIP.

Master of sangre said:

Shame to hear about this.:( Always losing talent, like when George Carlin died, that was a sad day too.

Hold on a second. I saw your username, and wondered what "sangre" meant, so I looked it up. Apparently, it's the Spanish word for blood. So, it's "Master of blood", which could be "Blood master". Nice try.

Master of sangre said:

Who? I only found out about these forums 4 days ago. Whoever it is you're talking about, I have nothing to do with.

You sound so convincing.

It's obvious that our fine young chap here works at a hospital, heading up the Transfusion department, where he is Master of many different blood types. A, AB, B, O, etc.(both positive and negative) You guys should be more appreciative, he's probably saved hundreds of lives.

Sad news. NBC flashed the report sometime last night and all I could think was that she never got to make it to 50. Bobby Brown sure as hell didn't help either. RIP

What's drugs got to do with it? I didn't realize she was still so young. I thought she was closer to my mom in age.

Danarchy said:

What's drugs got to do with it?

Little more than speculation at this point. Apparently she was found face down in water, so until the coroner does his thing we won't know for sure. But she did undergo rehab more than once, hence why some people are guessing drug use was a factor.

Vordakk said:

Little more than speculation at this point. Apparently she was found face down in water, so until the coroner does his thing we won't know for sure. But she did undergo rehab more than once, hence why some people are guessing drug use was a factor.

Indeed, years of drug abuse can and will tear a person up physically. It's possible she had a serious heart condition because of it.

With that said, 48 is way too young to go out.

Grazza said:

If only she'd looked after herself, she could have been as big as Elvis.

she'd probably last longer if she went for a burger overdose.

Danarchy said:

What's drugs got to do with it?

You should have saved that line for a future RIP Tina Turner thread.

NiGHTMARE said:

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that.

NiGHTMARE said:

I always get them confused. All I know is that Tina sung backup for Frank Zappa on Overnite Sensation.