Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whoo

TNT 2: Devilution (Texture Pack in OP)

Work on my map is progressing. Estimated to be About 40-50% complete. I might also write new music for the map as well.

pcorf said:

*images*

Damn, that's looking good!

(these shots are also reminding me that I need to break away from Skyrim's Creation Kit and get working on my map again :V )

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

Those screens look damn fine.

Cheers for that. I wanna create a more simple layout with just enough detail. I just hope I can get the gameplay as good as possible. I can thank God (or is it Satan by Doom's standards) for play testers and people who give out advice. I think this project will be a success and hopefully its released before 2013.

I will also include new music with this map as well and might write a song inspired from TNT's original songs.

Did some more work to the map. I estimate the layout is about 80% complete and the map should be complete next month. Its good to make a map after such a lengthy delay.

The only thing I disliked about the track was the repetitive 'tat-tat-tat-tat' of the snare drum in the first half, which kinda grated on me. I would consider either changing the actual snare sound to something more ambient, or if you want to leave a sound that is so out front, maybe change the rhythm of the snare hits. (Possibly 'tat-tat-pause-tat', or even alternating between 'tat-tat-pause-pause' and 'tat-tat-pause-tat' are a couple of ideas that would work, at least in my head these suggestions would work anyways!)

But otherwise this is a very good track. Especially liked the second half, heh, really liked the first half too, all except that snare. Very ambient and atmospheric overall, a near perfect track for a project like this.

I also really liked that it is based on an original TNT track too, seeing as this is meant to be TNT2 and all. Top stuff.

Oh. And if you are perfectly happy just as it is, then feel free not to listen to my back-seat music production tips. :)

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

The only thing I disliked about the track was the repetitive 'tat-tat-tat-tat' of the snare drum in the first half, which kinda grated on me. I would consider either changing the actual snare sound to something more ambient, or if you want to leave a sound that is so out front, maybe change the rhythm of the snare hits. (Possibly 'tat-tat-pause-tat', or even alternating between 'tat-tat-pause-pause' and 'tat-tat-pause-tat' are a couple of ideas that would work, at least in my head these suggestions would work anyways!)

But otherwise this is a very good track. Especially liked the second half, heh, really liked the first half too, all except that snare. Very ambient and atmospheric overall, a near perfect track for a project like this.

I also really liked that it is based on an original TNT track too, seeing as this is meant to be TNT2 and all. Top stuff.

Oh. And if you are perfectly happy just as it is, then feel free not to listen to my back-seat music production tips. :)

I just put the song together in like 1 hour flat using Cakewalk. The first drum sequence is the same used from MAP20 of TNT. I mixed the youtube version using the SGM 2.01 soundfont in FL_Studio 5. Maybe I will do some final ajustments to the song. Yeah I do like the distorted guitar bit for sure.

And I don't need music production tips. I'm happy the way I am. Been writing MIDI's and music ever since 1998 when I was 16.

I also write many other types of music like this psychedelic trance song named Crystal Leaf - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJgI1hI8HJA and also a few other examples on my youtube channel including the entire 2002ado soundtrack.

pcorf said:

And I don't need music production tips. I'm happy the way I am. Been writing MIDI's and music ever since 1998 when I was 16.

That's awfully dismissive. Just because you're good at it doesn't mean that any constructive criticism is invalid by default.

Having said that, though, I like the tune. Nice mix of the original TNT stuff.

Xaser said:

That's awfully dismissive. Just because you're good at it doesn't mean that any constructive criticism is invalid by default.

Having said that, though, I like the tune. Nice mix of the original TNT stuff.

Of course I am not perfect. Anyway the map layout is pretty much done and now comes the dirty work, the monster placement and testing before I finally hand it over to other testers for advice and then it will be submitted.

pcorf

Such a minor suggestion shouldn't, and doesn't imply that you are lacking in musical ability, in any way. Obviously you have plenty of that! Hopefully you did read my entire post, and saw that most of what I said was actually positive, which was meant to far outweigh such a minor suggestion, because it is a great track.

Anyway, sorry if I offended you with my suggestion. Keep up the great work.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

pcorf

Such a minor suggestion shouldn't, and doesn't imply that you are lacking in musical ability, in any way. Obviously you have plenty of that! Hopefully you did read my entire post, and saw that most of what I said was actually positive, which was meant to far outweigh such a minor suggestion, because it is a great track.

Anyway, sorry if I offended you with my suggestion. Keep up the great work.

All is fine. Yeah, the map is progressing well. Half of the monsters are in. I'm very happy with the layout, look and feel of the map. Its fairly dark as well.

While the architecture is the fun bit, monster placement aint so much fun for me but good thing it will be play tested by more skilled players than me before its final submission.

Urgh, I want to resign from this project because I don't enjoy working on it at all. I don't have any ideas, but I try to map anyway because I have to, and of course after making a room or two I get very frustrated.

If anyone wants to work on this -

- tell me and I'll send it to you.

Great screens Whoo!

I just checked the website, and my name isn't in the list of mappers. Did you guys decide to kick me out? :)

Processingcontrol said:

I just checked the website, and my name isn't in the list of mappers. Did you guys decide to kick me out? :)

Fixed.

Here are three more WIP screens:

Wow, a lot of awesome screenshots here lately. School has been pretty hectic, but here is some progress on my map:

I may replace the cement textures here. Either with some sort of brown/metalish texture, or perhaps some sort of skin texture. Haven't decided yet.

WIP outer area. Probably going to work on making the lighting look less uniform.

Whoo said:

Fixed.

Here are three more WIP screens:

Unfortunately I can't see those screens, and when I try to go directly to their link, I get an error 403.

Also, I see that I am a hidden member on the website ;).

Awesome screens Kassman! I got a feeling that map is going to look amazing with the second sky.

And damn I forgot to put you on the list too. Fixed now, as are the screenshots I posted before.

all these screens ...

HOW THE FUCK DO U MAKE IT LOOK SO DAMN GOOD D: ???

this is just fucking exellent!

Is this project active?

I submitted my level but it appears that nothing has happened. Maybe I submitted it to the wrong person.