Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Memfis

What is the song from "The Waterfront"?

I remember this map from way back. I didn't recognize it until I got to the area with the animated marine sprites.

I, unfortunately, also have no idea what the origin of the music is either. It sounds really familiar, but that could just be my memory playing tricks on me.

I don't know where it is from; even though the music has been etched in my mind for many years, I don't recall hearing it in any other context. Aren't there apps for recognizing music that you could try?

It could of course be original music created by Scott Crank. In his other wads he gave music credits, so the lack of them for this piece might imply that.

Aren't there apps for recognizing music that you could try?

I think they recognize only MP3s/OGGs/etc. I tried Tunatic but it didn't find anything.

Also, I found a thread on reddit where someone asked the same question: http://www.reddit.com/r/Music/comments/eof0f/rmusic_anyone_know_what_this_song_is_called/?limit=500

In his other wads he gave music credits, so the lack of them for this piece might imply that.

Hmmm, maybe. I found his Usenet profile, looked through his posts and it looks like he never said anything about making music, but who knows. btw it is very cool to read those old doom discussions. :)

Thanks for the answers everyone.