Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
colBoh

Using DEHACKED or DECORATE to remove flags?

How do I remove flags attached to a monster? What I want to do is remove the NORADIUSDMG flag normally attached to a Cyberdemon and Spider Mastermind, and replace it with the DONTHARMCLASS tag, essentially allowing the Cyberdemon to be vulnerable to rocket damage, but not damage from other Cyberdemon's rockets.

Again, how do I remove flags attached to a monster?

For dehacked, I don't think you can enable blast damage on the cyber and spiderdemon, but you could edit a couple decorations in whacked to replicate the cyber and spiderdemon. They'll get hurt by their own blast damage and blast damage from other cybers' rockets (but they shouldn't get hurt by damage from the actual rocket by other cybers, just the blast damage).

For DECORATE, I believe this is it:

actor editedcyberdemon : cyberdemon replaces cyberdemon
{
    -noradiusdmg
    +dontharmclass
}

actor editedspidermastermind : spidermastermind replaces spidermastermind
{
    -noradiusdmg
    +dontharmclass
}

TimeOfDeath said:

For dehacked, I don't think you can enable blast damage on the cyber and spiderdemon, but you could edit a couple decorations in whacked to replicate the cyber and spiderdemon. They'll get hurt by their own blast damage and blast damage from other cybers' rockets (but they shouldn't get hurt by damage from the actual rocket by other cybers, just the blast damage).

Ooh, good point...

I think I found an interesting workaround. I decided to edit the rockets themselves instead of the Cyberdemon. Look at the custom Rocket, called "CybRocket":
actor CybRocket
{
SpawnID 255
Radius 11
Height 8
Speed 20
Damage 20
Projectile
+RANDOMIZE
+DEHEXPLOSION
+ROCKETTRAIL
SeeSound "weapons/rocklf"
DeathSound "weapons/rocklx"
States
{
Spawn:
MISL A 1 bright
loop
Death:
MISL B 8 bright A_Explode (128,128,false)
MISL C 6 bright
MISL D 4 bright
stop
}
}

According to ZDoom Wiki, the A_Explode function tells an actor, that is, any object, to explode, with the the damage of the first number and the radius of the second. The "false" value means it will not hurt the actor which fired it (it's normally set to "true".

http://zdoom.org/wiki/A_Explode

Now, my question is, if a Cyberdemon fires a rocket at another Cyberdemon with the tweaked "CybRocket", and with the -NOBLASTDMG and +DONTHARMCLASS, will the second Cyber take damage?

EDIT: It worked! I didn't even need the custom rockets; the extra flag works just fine. Thanks, guys!