Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Worst

ZDaemon Thursday Night Survival #28 - Zones of Fear (Part I)

Built by a 'Pure Czech' team of Czech mappers, Zones of Fear is a 32-level Boom compatible megawad, which takes us through various monster-infested zones ranging from standard issue tech bases to demonic temples occupied by fearful foes. We'll play the first half now, saving the second for another session. Pain rotations will follow after the first rotation. Dont forget to bring your mic along.

• Skill: Ultra Violence
  • PWADs: zof05.wad, 00harderbosses, tskins1e
  • Maps: 01-15, 31
  • Lives: 1
  • Players: 25/50
  • Servers: [L@P] & [DUI] NJ
  • When: 20:00 GMT (Euro session) / 20:00 EST (US session)
For more cooperative action, check out FMM #21 this Friday when we scorch through hehretic. There's also franctic team-based deathmatch action this Saturday on ZDS #234, where we play ZDomination - a softcoded domination gamemode project led by Cybershark. Just grab the latest version of ZDaemon and join all the fun.

I would like to point out, we are still in the testing. If you have any comments, please give us know.
Do you like it? Which maps are the best so far? :)

This was a pretty fun mapset. I hated MAP10 (Test of Patience) though. Such a pain in the ass to play through. It really slows down the game's flow. Please tell me you're gonna get rid of that map.

Lizardcommando said:

This was a pretty fun mapset. I hated MAP10 (Test of Patience) though. Such a pain in the ass to play through. It really slows down the game's flow. Please tell me you're gonna get rid of that map.

What part do you have problem with?

enkeli33 said:

What part do you have problem with?

The whole level itself was what I had a problem with, especially that teleporter maze. I feel like it takes you out of the fast-paced action from all the other levels.

Lizardcommando said:

The whole level itself was what I had a problem with, especially that teleporter maze. I feel like it takes you out of the fast-paced action from all the other levels.

I partly agree with you. I also think that it slows down the game's flow and Doom isn't designed for that kind of gameplay. It is annoying especially in multiplayer. On the other hand I don't find it that bad in singleplayer. I am not fan of it, but some players could enjoy few minutes of chilling out.

Nonsense, MAP10 was one of those rare strokes of creativity and differentiation from an otherwise close minded choice of replicating the drudgery of one distinct aesthetic or gameplay style throughout the entirity of a 32 level onslaught. In short, it's only one map, it's to be anticipated given it is a community one.

Lizardcommando said:

Well, in multiplayer there are candles and it shows you a way...
In singleplayer you have a map and you can use save and load again and again :-)

Bloodite Krypto said:

Nonsense, MAP10 was one of those rare strokes of creativity and differentiation from an otherwise close minded choice of replicating the drudgery of one distinct aesthetic or gameplay style throughout the entirity of a 32 level onslaught. In short, it's only one map, it's to be anticipated given it is a community one.

Thanks a lot
I appreciate your compliment ;)

As I said ;) Some player could find it annoying some not... This map will stay. There is possibility to exclude that map from the loop in Coop, isn't it?

damned said:

As I said ;) Some player could find it annoying some not... This map will stay. There is possibility to exclude that map from the loop in Coop, isn't it?

I hope so... Ask cyberreality :)