Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tormentor667

The Sound Factory @Realm667

Also being tired of browsing through hundreds of wads, pk3s and other games just to find the one single ambient sound you are looking for? Finally, this is over! The Realm667 proudly presents the Sound Factory, the latest repository area on this page where you will be able to find countless high quality ambient sounds with preview and ready to use with SNDINFO definitions. It was never easier to fill your maps with acustic candy.

As of now, it's still a bit empty there, but as always, this place is a community thing. Collect your stuff, read the rules and submit your material, we will host it and make it available for other mappers out there. It's a give and take, just as usual. Looking forward to your support and submissions, the forum has just opened and is waiting for your files!

There are lots of sounds to be found on the web. Some of their licences are confusing: somewhere they say that you CAN "copy and transmit the sounds" but elsewhere they say that you CANNOT "Resell or distribute the sounds 'as they are'". While I can speculate they're talking about selling them for money, I find the word "distribute" too broad. If so, can such sounds be placed at realm667.com?

That's a good question. I guess in most cases it's simply the "gray zone" that we take usage of. I mean, there are a billion sounds on /idgames in various mods which are definitely copyrighted - and though they are still there ;)

Tormentor667 said:

That's a good question. I guess in most cases it's simply the "gray zone" that we take usage of. I mean, there are a billion sounds on /idgames in various mods which are definitely copyrighted - and though they are still there ;)

Also it says "as they are". As long as I modify them a bit to be suitable as ZDoom ambient sounds (because, otherwise, they tend to be too long -- 1 minute -- and not really loop. They need editing) I may be okay. Using them in games, videos, websites or other media, whether commercial or not, is allowed.