Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kira

How to extend sprites' view points on Vanilla/Boom

I have made sprites to replace some monsters and they have all 8 angles per state. My goal is to have all my monsters made from scratch enjoying their 8 angles.

I've found this tutorial from Enjay but it only talks about how the naming convention of sprites on Pwads is recognized by ZDoom.

Does it work on Vanilla/Boom too or do I have to do anything else to extend view points of my monsters?

In Scythe 2, Erik Alm used the SS Nazi for the Ifrit (or whatever name the red flying baron has), and it has all 8 rotations, so it probably works.

Edit: actually, he even uses the Keen, which hasn't any additional rotation.

K!r4 said:

I've found this tutorial from Enjay but it only talks about how the naming convention of sprites on Pwads is recognized by ZDoom.

Does it work on Vanilla/Boom too or do I have to do anything else to extend view points of my monsters?

Yes, of course. Vanilla does have eight frame rotations as well.

In fact Enjay's page is a bit outdated since ZDoom lets you use 16 rotations if you want. (PrBoom+ does, too, as of recently.)

16? Now that's interesting stuff for sure (I plan to use my sprites in HD for something using GLBoom-Plus primarily). Thanks for your answers!

Gez said:

In fact Enjay's page is a bit outdated since ZDoom lets you use 16 rotations if you want. (PrBoom+ does, too, as of recently.)

I didn't know that. Guess I can upgrade my demilich submission with the remaining Heretic menu graphics then...

Gez said:

Yep, see the changelog for 2.5.1.2.

I guess you just gave me a new excuse to have more fun with my project Gez.