Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Haven't been on here in a while...
Anyways I wanted to post this for some feedback it's just a concept map with some bad grammar to entertain myself. Basically I want to make a survival horror mod. What I have here is far from complete and I'm not going to add to it. Doors aren't traditional, the player goes 35% of the original speed. The level took like 2 minutes to map so it's not very pretty. Check out the script if you will and possibly give me alternate ways to do some of the things that I want to do. And I'll pre-thank you now... Thank you.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21372001/fog.wad

You need GZDOOM!!!

2 things I see.

1) You might want to tweak the movement frames for the player. I was not a big fan of the jumpyness of the movement.

2) For you scripts it would save time and code space if you made a function for the door coding. Your scripts would call the door function and send the teleport thing id as a value. That way you won't have to write basically the same code block for every single door.

I think this could be fun. The mapping might be a challenge in so far as pacing for this type of game. I really like the baron trick. I did not quite understand how it worked.

Well, it does not work quite right. I did not know that you could not run a delay inside of a function.

But the general idea is this:

int spwnid;

script 1 (void)
{
spwnid = 1;
dooruse(spwnid);
}

function int dooruse(int thing)
{
fadeto (0, 0, 0, 1.0, 0.5);
delay(10*2); (except the delay wont work)
teleport_nofog(thing);
fadeto (0, 0, 0, 0, 0.5
)

So that is the code you would need. but like I said, the delay wont work, so it looses some of the effect.

not sure. Seems like that might be something to adjust under MAPINFO lump. Another option would be to make this a hub game. Then in the map info you could change the wipe type from melt(default) to crossfade. This would mkae a bunch of different levels, but it would cut out all of that scripting.