Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

Well would ya lookie what I found...

Well, saying a minigun isnt a gatling gun is entirely right. Miniguns are different and named differently for many reasons. A Gatling gun is just that one hand cranked model. By your logic, saying that car gun comparison up there, every shotgun is also a blunderbuss.
Just thought Id throw that in there.......

Been inspecting this guy's graffiti http://www.dsogaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/anciraingame.jpg and it does seem to have a few possible Doom-related references:
- "The end is here"
- "Kill them all"
- "If you're going through hell..."
- "When hell is full the dead shall walk the earth"
- "God help us"
Also, there's a lot of New York imagery: license plates, I♥NY, the Statue of Liberty. Hmm...

GoatLord said:

I am really confused as to why absolutely none of these images look futuristic, and actually look like they're decades old in some cases.

Some of the models kinda look like rough resistance fighters. Makes sense If the plot is set in the present. Doom 4: Earth Under Siege.

So this really IS Doom 4?Damn it I was hoping this would be the RAGE DLC, they said it will be different from RAGE...WTF?!I'm usually very optimistic about Id software in general but this DOES NOT look like Doom at all.

TheEndOfUs said:

Some of the models kinda look like rough resistance fighters. Makes sense If the plot is set in the present. Doom 4: Earth Under Siege.

That still doesn't make sense because the technology these fighters are sporting has been outdated for years.

Has there been any confirmation that the game would take place after Doom 3 or be another free-standing sequel? From what I recall it was the latter, so it could take place in any time period.

But for all we know, they could have scrapped all this stuff and started from scratch again.

"WHAT, A NEW WEAPON IN DOOM? WHAT THE HELL IS THIS SHIT! I AM A GOD DAMN PURIST"