Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Krispy

Doom pin metalwork

I wish you knew more about focusing and minimum distances.

[pedantic photography lesson]

Sure it is, but in those cases where you just can't focus that close/take macro pics, you take a pic from further away and crop it to the subject. Of course that comes at the expense of resolution (you use maybe 10% of your camera's pixels) but it solves a lot of problems inherent in cheap cameras and is surely preferable to have a 1 MP crisp picture instead of a 5 MP blurred blob.

If the picture is supposed to be in focus (and your camera has a proper "close focus" or "macro lens" mode) but the pic comes out "shaken" anyway, that's usually due to too long exposure time, especially if you take pics without a flash/strobe. In those cases, if you can't force your camera to use it/it really doesn't have one/can't set the exposure time manually, the only thing you can do is improving either external lighting or camera stability (from a tripod).

[/pedantic photography lesson]

Cool and creative concept; never seen anyone here make DOOM jewelry before. I think the raised elements would have looked better if (1) they had been recessed instead, or (2) you had made the letters in their entirety, not just half of them. As it is, that approach looks unfinished to me.

[PROTOTYPE] said:
Next step:Doom piercings!

Well, there's already at least one board member with a Doom tattoo...so I guess for one to be really rad he'd have to go at least with branding.

Maes said:

Well, there's already at least one board member with a Doom tattoo...so I guess for one to be really rad he'd have to go at least with branding.

I carved the Doom logo into my arm with a rusty fillet knife.

sheeple said:

I carved the Doom logo into my arm with a rusty fillet knife.

Not enough: the rusty fillet knife must have been encrusted with the blood of unbaptized infants.