Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiTROACTiVE

Justin Bieber Gets Sued By Makers of an App

The makers of an App that's called Joustin' Beaver are suing Justin Bieber. The game Joustin' Beaver is about this beaver you control floating down the river on a log. God knows why the makers would even sue Justin Bieber for this.

Take a look at the article itself.

To me, this is just fucking nuts!

This sounds like something trivial the offending party would do.

Anyone remember Lindsay Lohan's Super Bowl stunt?

Technician said:

I don't really remember that, but is there a video of that event, or at least some pictures?

Unfortunate choice of words for the topic title; RTFA, the Justin Bieber legal team (I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt that Justin Bieber himself didn't take part of this, otherwise it'd be a dick move on his part) sent the game developers a cease & desist (it parodies Justin Bieber's success), and the game developers sued back because they believe they should be able to sell their game. I support the game devs on this one.

Based on what I can piece together from the limited attention I've bothered to give it, Justin Bieber seems to be the next useful idiot super celebrity, like the Olsen Twins or Jennifer Aniston, to help keep the masses in a distracted trance-like state. I wonder how they choose these people. Maybe they're grown in cocoons or something. Or maybe its like the movie They Live and some inside group gets all the money/chicks/attention/etc. I mean the dude grew up thinking its normal for a person to sell a lock of their hair for 10,000 dollars. Eventually the fame will become too great and make him incredibly insecure and psychotic like michael jackson, after he gets paid billions of dollars for starring in a few batman sequels.

My current net worth is NEGATIVE 10,000 dollars of debt, and then Justin Bieber's likely net worth is shown after that:

me: -10,000
beiber: 1,000,000,000

That's the same as saying that every item that Justin buys costs 14 orders of magnitude less than what I buy. He can buy new cars like they're taco bell tacos or something. This is why we have to subvert the entire monetary system. Anyway we should all sue the puppet master who creates these celebrities for their memetic exploitation of the masses.

gggmork said:

I wonder how they choose these people.

For Bieber's case at least, he grew to fame from making covers of songs on YouTube. The general public chose him.

I don't particularly care for his music, but I'm not going to deny that he rose to fame by genuinely being successful at what he did.

It seems to me that his lawyers started the whole thing. The company just wants their 1st amendment rights to be recognized.

Technician said:

This sounds like something trivial the offending party would do.

I only recall MIA's borderline retard stunt at this year's Super Bowl.

Maes said:

Who is Justin Bieber?

Some wanker who produces sub-par music for teenage girls. ;)

As much as I don't care for the stuff Justin Bieber puts out, it is hard to deny that he is a very talented kid.

Mr. Chris said:

Some wanker who produces sub-par music for teenage girls. ;)

I only "know" him as a target of various internet memes and death threats, but other than that, I couldn't name even one of his songs. And for some reason I'm very inclined to keep it that way.

gggmork said:

That's the same as saying that every item that Justin buys costs 14 orders of magnitude less than what I buy. He can buy new cars like they're taco bell tacos or something. This is why we have to subvert the entire monetary system. Anyway we should all sue the puppet master who creates these celebrities for their memetic exploitation of the masses.

I hate his music, and I resent being subjected to it at every venue that plays top 40, but he earned his money legitimately, and wanting to steal or subvert what he's done is just plain evil.

Maes said:

Who is Justin Bieber?

Wow, you don't know who Justin Bieber is? Really? He's the most overrated pop singer who is trying to top Michael Jackson who sucks at singing. Here's a Wikipedia Page on him. Not trying to be a dick, I'm just suprised... or we're you just joking?

Anyways, here's a video clevverTV made on this issue:

I would normally be extremely embarassed that he also comes from Canada, but I have a stalker crush on his girlfriend.

TimeOfDeath said:

from Canada

Home to great evil and great beauty.

TimeOfDeath said:

I would normally be extremely embarassed that he also comes from Canada, but I have a stalker crush on his girlfriend.

Yea!!!! Selena Gomez is pretty babe :P

Parodies can't be sued. This would get thrown out. Same way Scary Movie can't get sued.