Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is another idea I came up with. You have 30,000 levels and all you do is press spacebar that's it. There are no monsters just you pressing the switch hoping to escape and beat the game. Now this is the easiest wad out there as far as difficulty is concerned but the most boring to date. It's takes lots of patience for this wad but at the end of the day you will be rewarded and feel achieved.

The download link for those interested:
http://www.doomguy2000.com/uploads/2/7/2/1/2721821/30kmaps.zip

idgames download link:
idgames official link

There some screenshots for those interested:

Original title pic.

The original title header still uploaded in honor of the original intent.

That all you do in this wad.

Finalized title pic.

Full size picture.

Doom Mapbuilder with levels 1-4,400.

Just like always you can rate this project the way you feel it deserves:

http://www.doomguy2000.com/feedback.html

This is also my first project I am submitting to the idgames archive. Hopefully they got the file I sent them in the middle of the night.

Cool, I guess it's like those extremely long videos on youtube (Fukkireta for 10 hours, Nyan Cat for 100 hours, etc). I'll rate it 5 stars on idgames.

EDIT: can you post a songlist please? I'm especially interested in that song from maps 600-700.

Why? Why would you make something so deliberately worthless? I mean at least Congestion 64 (whose levels are generally also "press spacebar and that's it) had some inventiveness in it; and it was over before it got old.

Are you cold? It seems you are seeking out flames to bask in their warmth. Meh, if that's your idea of fun, more power to you I guess.

30000 levels?Now that would take quite a long time.As for the part where I supposedly feel rewarded...well,I'm not so sure.

[PROTOTYPE] said:
Also,is it technically possible for an ordinary WAD to pack that many levels?

Yes if you supply a mapinfo otherwise it will only go up to 32

sgt dopey said:

Yes if you supply a mapinfo otherwise it will only go up to 32

Okay,thanks.But come on,30000 lame levels?Thats suicide.You end up crazy.

DuckReconMajor said:

FDA GZDoom 1.5.6 r1104

unfortunately ruined by the fact that apparently demos dont carry through intermission screens :(

edit: I got it working just fine.

sgt dopey said:

I don't get this at all it also raises this question "why?"

Because it's art, duh.

Can you live to solve all 30000 levels though? You have to wait a lot in intermissions.

There is no intermissions and you also can disable the screen wipe effect. I think it takes me about 20 seconds to beat 100 levels.

justin, have you been smoking grandma's alzheimer medicine again?

Memfis said:

There is no intermissions and you also can disable the screen wipe effect. I think it takes me about 20 seconds to beat 100 levels.

how do you disable screen wipe?

Sounds like the ultimate "Skinner Box" game, must give it a try.

Ninja Edit - it's "Screen Wipe Style" in Display Options.

Why stop there? Make it 80,000 then I might be impressed. Until then I'm going to just have to keep looking for more switches.

Doomguy, you should post a link to this in the 'Zen Dooming' thread.

Aaaaah, the rhythmic pulse of hitting the spacebar....

I am sooo doing the newstuff review for this when it comes out.

I got stuck on map1530 - couldn't press switch. I also had the same problem as DRM with recording a demo. I got to map1530 but the demo file was only 2kb (zdoom 2.4.1).

Use3D said:

Why stop there? Make it 80,000 then I might be impressed. Until then I'm going to just have to keep looking for more switches.

Trust me I wanted to go all the way to 100,000. You can go to the bottom of the readme and read it for yourself. On my Windows XP laptop this takes me about 2 minutes to load. Imagine how long it would take if I had 100,000 levels programmed?

What is your thought process each day you work on a Doom project or anything? I've looked at your youtube videos, your site, etc.

I gotta say you're one heck of an individual.

Also check your PM's, in case you don't usually.

TimeOfDeath said:

I got stuck on map1530 - couldn't press switch.

Apparently you can get stuck if you keep checking the automap while pressing switches (in zdoom 2.4.1 at least).