Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Purp

ZDaemon server problems!

I used to be able to run ZDaemon and csDoom servers perfectly (except they were a bit slow cos i only have a 56k connection, lol), but now, whenever I try to run one, it works until someone (including me) fires a gun, then it just crashes the server completely. Can anyone tell me why this might be, or could someone who runs a ZDaemon server regularly please send me a copy of their zserver.cfg file or something? Thx a lot!

i already hav it set for maxrate 1 in the .cfg file - it makes no difference, but i'll try it in the command line like u sed, just in case (like u sed zdaemon is a bit fuktup).

MaTT [TiK] said:
i already hav it set for maxrate 1 in the .cfg file - it makes no difference, but i'll try it in the command line like u sed, just in case (like u sed zdaemon is a bit fuktup).

// Max Rate - Caps off how fast users can recieve data. bytes/sec
// Set this value to how much your server can handle based on what connection
// you are on
// 2500 - Slow connections (DSL)
// 5000 - Average high speed connections (Cable)
// 10000 - Hyper speed! (T3+)
set max_rate "5000"
So setting maxrate to 1 seems a bit silly :)
The error about shooting a gun crashing a server was dealt with on zdaemon forums, now down, I seem to remember it's a setting about blood puffs and particles, anyone remember it?

Thx fodders. I'll look into the blood puffs and stuff. I know setting the max rate to 1 is stupid, but that was just one of the rates I tried.

Make sure your zdoom.cfg file (in the zdaemon directory) has this entry set cl_bloodtype "0". If it's set to one, that is a cause of crashes when a client fires a weapon and it draws blood. If this does not help, delete your zdoom.cfg file and let the zserver.exe write another one.

Thx fodders and Biffy. I found out it doesnt crash if i put blood and bullet puff types onto sprites instead of particles but i guested that would be a problem 4 any1 connecting to the server, so thx 4 that line, Biffy. I found out u hav 2 set cl_pufftype to 1 as well.

I have always run my zdaemon servers with cl_pufftype 0, not 1. Can't say I've ever tried it set to one, but for sure it does not have to be. Maybe part of the issue is that, in a few cases such as bloodtype or pufftype, the clients need to have the same setting as the server. If your client config for pufftype is 1, then perhaps the server needs to be set the same. In the case of my servers, I expect that clients joining have pufftype 0, which matches the server settings, so no problem.

Yeah, its probably cos most people prefer bullet puffs as sprites, so no1 notices, but i set them to particles cos i like that better, and i just realised, thats probably y i often get servers that wont let me in, lol. Thx, if i'm right, i'll set it to type 0 and i shd b able 2 play on loads more servers.