Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Too much... or not enough, depending on how you look at it.

scalliano said:

I'm in the THOUSANDS, easily.

Right there with ya, big guy!

After playing years of online dooming, several hundred hours. Including when I was a kid and all that playtesting, barely scratching 1000 I guess.

Also, this thread is depressing.

A little bit. Probably played Quake or Unreal more, honestly. The amount of time I've spent playing Doom is probably about half the time I do making music for PWADs.

I started playng Doom around 10 years ago.Since I'm pretty much of a no-lifer,my gameplay time goes in the thousands.I mean,there were days when I played 16/24 hours.This game rocks!

This is like that question "How many monsters have you killed so far": impossible to answer. I've been playing or watching Doom since I was 7 I think, but not continuously. There have been pauses when Doom wouldn't work on the current computer, or myself being interested in another game, or just finishing it and having nothing else to play because I didn't know of WADs. These days, I only seldom play Doom; I spend more time programming/modding/testing and especially posting about it on forums.

I would think somewhere in the 600's. I killed a lot of time in middle school and high school playing megawads, which had to have been 6-10 hours a day, almost double that for weekends. At this point, I still play at least an hour every other day.

Oh god, that includes playtesting our own crap.

Of the 18 years I've played it? There's what, 8000 hours in a year? Thousands, easily. I've logged in about 20 hours in the past couple of days. I breathe, eat, and sleep Doom.

Well, a long time ago, i was playing doom really frequently, but this time I was about 5 years old so I was mostly wandering pointlessly with iddqd. Later i kinda discovered doom again and spend fair two-digit number of hours playing it. Maybe because when I stop playtesting map01 and hit exit switch, I can't stop myself from playing map02 and when I'm turning the game off, it is already map10...

At least 2190 hours, that's two hours everyday for three years; sounds about right.

By the way, post COMPET-N entries here.

Relic said:

I estimate I've played around 250 - 300 hours total.

Is that all? Wow!

I'd actually rather not know. It probably adds up to months of my life consumed by the game.

I don't know, but I have a feeling if I found out I'd be very depressed to realise how much of my life has gone into this game.

There's 8766 hours in a 365.25 day year and I know that just for the /newstuff reviewing that I've done alone I've played nearly 48 hours (2 full days) of Doom. That's over a time frame of around 2 months. Doom has been out for about 219.5 months according to some calculations I've just done, so assuming I've played at least this much Doom on average since it came out (which is probably an underestimate) we get 5268 hours of Dooming. That's coming on for 2/3rds of a year or about 7.2 months.

Now of my life (rounded to 269 months) that means I've spent at least 2.6% of it playing Doom. Now add in all of the time spent making maps and mods and all of the time spent on various Doom forums? Like I said: very depressed :(

The answer to this actually is the same as the answer to "How many Imps have you killed?".