Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rgerber

Doom Cardboard Shotgun

Here's some partial making of my Cardboard Doom / Remington 870 Shotgun.

Basic body

Handle glued

Basic colors

Second Colors, Shell-Eject and shell model.

Iron-sight, trigger and protection added

The Pump part is actually done, still needs mechanically working, before attaching.

Took me some 7 days
It's made of toilet paper rolls and shipping packages,
I call it my shit-package! ;)

BuddhaMaster said:

I call it my shit-package! ;)

Careful, for it might be considered another kind of shotgun ;-)

Looks pretty sweet to me. Any particular reason you went with the single shot rather than the double barreled?

I've contemplated doing something like that a few times, but never followed through. Knowing my luck, I'd be out on the front porch painting my cardboard firearm, the cops would just happen to drive by, and then there would be a tragic "misunderstanding" about the gun being real. :D

Reminds me of something I'd do in like, 5th grade and go running around my neighborhood playing with it, shooting invisible demons.

Me and my friends use to do this...

Videogames then fueled imagination, now they (with hollywood movies) just show how greatly people fall for the same commercial bullshit constantly feeding the lack of creativity.
:endrant:

Well, now I know what to do with all those empty toilet paper rolls...

yellowmadness54 said:

Videogames then fueled imagination, now they (with hollywood movies) just show how greatly people fall for the same commercial bullshit constantly feeding the lack of creativity.
:endrant:

Maybe it's because you're not 10 years old any more.

Aren't you like 17, yellowmadness54? The 2001-2010 decade was probably the worst we'll ever see when it comes to video games being commercial. Compared to now, the indie scene wasn't as active yet, powerful mobile devices or internet speed weren't as widely available, distributing your games was still mostly tied to retail outlets, and on the other hand with rising development costs and the focus on graphic technology over anything gone were the days of small teams and games developed in weeks/months from the 90s. To name that period as some kind of golden age of imaginative videogaming is indeed being blinded by nostalgy.

The single-barrel shotgun in Doom is sawed off. /nitpicking (EDIT: I looked again. I'm not so sure now.)

In all seriousness that is some beautiful work. I hope you have it in you to do some of the other weapons. :)

StupidBunny said:

In all seriousness that is some beautiful work. I hope you have it in you to do some of the other weapons. :)

Yeah, a toilet-paper roll chaingun or rocket launcher (with assorted rockets) would be the shit :-p

Hmm....incredible how toilet paper rolls can be so suitable for modeling weapons....kinda suspicious ;-)

[PROTOTYPE] said:
Very nice.Try to rob a store with that thing.Your success probability is high.

I second this notion.
If successful, be sure to let us know :D

StupidBunny said:

I hope you have it in you to do some of the other weapons. :)

It would be great to see a BFG made from toilet rolls.

We could call it the 'Shitstorm.'

*cough*

Anyway, shotty looks really good. Top work. :)

Call it... Repercussions of Shotgun.

"No, toilet paper roll. You are the shotgun.
And then shotgun was a toilet paper roll."