Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaiser

Doom64 EX 2.2 Released

Doom64 EX, as well as Doom Builder 64, have been updated with numerous fixes, tweaks and improvements. These updates include full *nix and 64-bit support, localization features, drag and drop pwad files and more. The latest version can be found on the Doom64 EX homepage.

Were there any map/gameplay changes made to the European/Japanese versions? I seem to remember someone saying the Japanese version had green blood for the monsters. I know it's pretty common for different regions to get minor bug fixes, though.

Edit: The Region menu is bugged. Region Mode doesn't seem to work at all (unless I need to generate the IWAD from the PAL ROM for it to do anything?) and the Language and Blood Color options can only be advanced with Enter. It's impossible to change them back unless you use the Default option.

Hirogen2 said:

humm, Doom Builder 64 with Unix support? Is it April yet?

Correction. Doom64EX itself is supported on Unix.. not the editor....

Dragonsbrethren said:

Were there any map/gameplay changes made to the European/Japanese versions? I seem to remember someone saying the Japanese version had green blood for the monsters. I know it's pretty common for different regions to get minor bug fixes, though.

D64EX will autodetect if the iwad was generated from a Japanese or European version of the rom. If you still have the Global or US version of the iwad, then those Regional features are disabled. The only difference is green blood, Japanese messages and a different legal screen. That's pretty much it..

Edit: If you can still change the settings with 'Enter' while those options are disabled then that's an legit bug....

Gotcha. I generated my IWAD from the US version, and I can change the settings with Enter. There's no indication that the settings are supposed to be disabled.

Dragonsbrethren said:

Gotcha. I generated my IWAD from the US version, and I can change the settings with Enter. There's no indication that the settings are supposed to be disabled.

Guess making them 'gray' isn't good enough. Maybe I should just hide the entire menu or something.

Does DB-64 require a specific version of SlimDX? It keeps crashing on startup for me.

Whoo said:

Does DB-64 require a specific version of SlimDX? It keeps crashing on startup for me.

I am not sure what's going on there. I have both the latest version of Doom Builder 2 and Doom Builder 64 and I am not getting any issues. I've tried contacting Codeimp a few weeks ago but I never got a response.

Just to give the heads up, a hotfix was applied to 2.2 today. Re-download the package and replace your current files with the updated ones.

Its been a long time since i played doom64 on an actually n64, but aren't there supposed to be lasers shooting from the unmaker? It just looks like a hitscan weapon now.

Huh, this is weird. I tried the March 2011, September 2011, and January 2012 packages. None of them fixed the crashing problem, and I doubt running a 64-bit OS has anything to do with it since the libraries are the same for x86 and x64.

Whoo said:

Huh, this is weird. I tried the March 2011, September 2011, and January 2012 packages. None of them fixed the crashing problem, and I doubt running a 64-bit OS has anything to do with it since the libraries are the same for x86 and x64.

What crash?

Xtife said:

Its been a long time since i played doom64 on an actually n64, but aren't there supposed to be lasers shooting from the unmaker? It just looks like a hitscan weapon now.

Are you able to see any kind of laser? No red line?

Kaiser said:

What crash?

As soon as I double-click the DB-64 executable Windows 7 comes up and says "Doom Builder has stopped working..." using the SlimDX versions I mentioned above.

Here are my system specs if it helps:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
AMD Phenom II Unlocked x4 @ 2.8GHz
AMD Radeon HD 5770 1GB
Corsair XMS2 4GB DDR2 RAM

Ah, thought you meant EX. I've tried contacting Codeimp about it a while back but never got a response. I am not getting this issue at all surprisingly.

Kaiser said:

Are you able to see any kind of laser? No red line?

None at all, though only tested with the non-powered up version of the weapon.

Xtife said:

None at all, though only tested with the non-powered up version of the weapon.

Auto-aim enabled or disabled? Is this while looking up/down instead of centered?

Fixed. A new build has been uploaded.

I think from now on I will probably post a beta/test build before going official with a new release.

From my further tests, it has the same effect with both autoaim on and off. The laser seems to appear when looking downwards but other than that does not appear any other time.

Here is a video that shows off the problem. http://youtu.be/arRl4ocorC0

For some reason, it won't accept an IWAD generated from Doom 64 (E) [!].z64 ROM.

Error - W_CheckIwadVersion: IWAD is out of date. Please use Wadgen to generate a new one
However, it worked with Doom 64 (U) (V1.1) [!].z64.

Da Werecat said:

For some reason, it won't accept an IWAD generated from Doom 64 (E) [!].z64 ROM.

Error - W_CheckIwadVersion: IWAD is out of date. Please use Wadgen to generate a new one
However, it worked with Doom 64 (U) (V1.1) [!].z64.

Fixed. A new build is up for download. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Oi, Kaiser, I love Doom Builder 64, but I have run itno a small issue, it's not severe like the crashing (I dont have to worry of that) but when ever I try to test my map, it plays but any Brightness changes I did to a sector does not follow.

Ie: One part of Room is Brightness 140 where as other sector has Brightness 200, but in game all have the same Brightness DESPITE DB saying there is different light levels.

What do I need to do to fix this?