Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

American Family Association sucks

So, I was bored, and browsing AFA's site for the hell of it. I was reading some of their "action alerts" or whatever it was called on their site, and their stances on issues disgust me.

They propagate that LGBT should be shunned and hated by society, claiming that it's bad that a transgender 7 year old boy was allowed to be in the girl scouts, and that it's bad that a bigoted high school student was suspended for anti-gay hate speech.

They also think that it's somehow a violation of their rights when any bit of religious equality is implemented. They think that it's a violation of religious freedom when the military removes references to "doing God's work with other people's money" from one of their slogans, even though IT'S THE EXACT FUCKING OPPOSITE. How the hell is secularism a violation of the rights of Christianity? GUESS WHAT, SHITHEADS? Secularism is religious neutrality, that means that no specific religion is endorsed nor denounced.

To them, the only time that their "rights" aren't being violated are when the scales are tipped way in the favor of Christianity, and anything non-judeo-christian (especially Islamic) is heavily suppressed. How the hell is this religious equality? To them, it somehow is.

I mean, these people literally think that that is "religious equality and freedom". Their logic is so fucking broken, I'm at a loss for words of how else to describe this bigotry.

What are your thoughts on this?

Yeah, I read about it. Bullshit made up by a republican bullshitter.

Sodaholic said:

I mean, these people literally think that that is "religious equality and freedom". Their logic is so fucking broken, I'm at a loss for words of how else to describe this bigotry.

To these chuckle-fucks, America was built by Christians, for Christians. The rest can stay, but keep quiet.

EDIT: Here's an article and video about this subject.

Here, Bob Morris stands by his comment that Girl Scouts promote abortions, homosexuality.

And here he is with his tail between his legs, apologizing profusely. Spoiler: he cops-out.

The AFA (and One Million Moms, who I didn't know was affiliated until tonight - they have a special place in my heart) is definitely on my shit list. All they do is attempt to spread fear while promoting hatred towards LGBT people, all under a false flag of "love". Try going to a few of their pages and replace "LGBT" or "homosexual" with "Blacks" or "Jews". Can you imagine this page saying something like this?

Does AFA Hate Jews?

Absolutely Not! The same Holy Bible that calls us to reject sin, calls us to love our neighbor. It is that love that motivates us to expose the misrepresentation of the radical Jewish agenda and stop its spread though our culture. AFA has sponsored several events reaching out to Jews and letting them know there is love and healing at the Cross of Christ.

Also, their definition of the "Gay Agenda" is pretty funny. Apparently we want to destroy Christian views of marriage, sexuality, and family.

So uhh...yeah... I guess I'd better get back to work at destroying Christianity from the inside out or something...

Sodaholic said:

How the hell is secularism a violation of the rights of Christianity? GUESS WHAT, SHITHEADS? Secularism is religious neutrality, that means that no specific religion is endorsed nor denounced.

Our fucktards claim all the time that catholicism is persecuted.

Proposing that maybe, you know, just maybe there shouldn't be crosses on the walls of every classroom and public office in Poland == persecution.

The most recent and highly publicized case was our national airline operator stating that flight personnel shouldn't be wearing religious symbols in visible places at work. That idea lasted for a day I think before they reverted after the nutjobs started screaming about their rights being violated.

Belial said:

Our fucktards claim all the time that catholicism is persecuted.

Proposing that maybe, you know, just maybe there shouldn't be crosses on the walls of every classroom and public office in Poland == persecution.

The most recent and highly publicized case was our national airline operator stating that flight personnel shouldn't be wearing religious symbols in visible places at work. That idea lasted for a day I think before they reverted after the nutjobs started screaming about their rights being violated.

You should listen to them! They're just trying to do what's best for you![/sarcasm]

On the original topic, meh. Why do I feel like I've seen this a million times before? It seems like every week I'm seeing a story/group like this, or an image on some site that's playing on these types of people. I haven't had to deal with them much, other than a support group trying to collect donations (at the intersection on my way to college that I will forever call the "donator's trap" considering that there are people asking for donations there on a monthly basis or so) and handing out small flyers presenting Jesus Christ as the solution to every problem a homeless person might face. But what if this homeless person is jewish? muslim? atheist? gay? Well, then they probably aren't entitled for support from this group, and they'll just have to lay on the streets until someone else comes along or they get good at lying.

http://www.afajournal.org/2007/april/0407_crushing_dissent.asp

While many Christians merely yawn at warnings about the brash and intolerant nature of the homosexual movement, some are beginning to understand the alarming truth. As gay activists continue to play for keeps, religious freedoms are being trampled in a frightening preview of things to come.

I wish people were like this were just trolling. I'm just glad I never hear about groups like this on this side of the pond, although I'm sure they exist.

The religious in the USA are all entitled fuckwads who think that, as long as they aren't getting special treatment, they are getting "oppressed". In their crusade to trample the rights of other Americans, any failure to garner supports is decried as a trampling of their rights.

The government isn't bending over backwards to accommodate our backwards views on contraception? Stop oppressing us!
We can't force other people to pray in public, taxpayer-funded schools? Don't tread on me!
Gay marriage is getting legalized? It's like a second Holocaust!
Intelligent Design isn't part of our curriculum, but evolution is? If only there was some place we could go to teach our children about the Bible!

These people won't be happy until every barrier between Church and State are completely bulldozed, and we end up with, as Rick Sanctimonious put it, "Struch".

yukib1t said:

Also, their definition of the "Gay Agenda" is pretty funny. Apparently we want to destroy Christian views of marriage, sexuality, and family.

If I hadn't known any better, I would have been tempted to call a Poe on this.

Funny how Christian organizations like this stick out like a boner in sweatpants and make normal, level-headed Christians look bad. I have yet to meet a Christian with such views.

Ironic how a group with "family" in it's name actually hurts and divides families by demonizing possible members of them (gays, etc).

Maybe we should try swinging right the other way and take the 80s Norwegian Black Metal approach to things? You know, go round and burn churches - really show some hate? I personally don't hate Christians (I've dated one and she was lovely :p), but the idea that religion is meant to be some big thing that we have to have shoved down our throats in what should be impartial environments like schools is something that's always really annoyed me. Likewise, the way it seems to have to override a lot of people's lives, dictating what they can't do, is something I just can't imagine dealing with.

If I'd have been raised in a strongly Catholic family, for example, I'd presumably have spent my teenage years rebelling hard enough to get myself thrown out of the house permenantly.

yukib1t said:

...Apparently we want to destroy Christian views of marriage, sexuality, and family.

You do, but that's a good thing. :P

Phobus said:

Maybe we should try swinging right the other way and take the 80s Norwegian Black Metal approach to things? You know, go round and burn churches - really show some hate? I personally don't hate Christians (I've dated one and she was lovely :p), but the idea that religion is meant to be some big thing that we have to have shoved down our throats in what should be impartial environments like schools is something that's always really annoyed me. Likewise, the way it seems to have to override a lot of people's lives, dictating what they can't do, is something I just can't imagine dealing with.

If I'd have been raised in a strongly Catholic family, for example, I'd presumably have spent my teenage years rebelling hard enough to get myself thrown out of the house permenantly.

Burning down churches would just feed their persecution complex and make them look like victims. The best thing to do with groups like this is mock them in order to depower them. You can't take a group seriously if people are constantly making fun of them.