Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

doom.wrong.button.com - your input here matters, please read

OK. I'm low on hard drive space right now, and would like to add more of a variety to the ftp. This includes video game music, cartoons, and some personal space for people who want things that aren't on the site.

My question to you all is, what would you like to keep? What would you like to see stay? Anything on there that doesn't seem to catch your attention? Any suggestions on what to add to the site?

Do you think my backup of ftp.cdrom.com should stay? Now that ftp.cdrom.com is back up (and a lot faster), I'm thinking of getting rid of my backup (I'll still have it on cd, but not on the ftp). That would be 1 gig of extra stuff I could have on my site. The wads section would still be there, with wads that aren't on cdrom.com. So if you have any wads that are hard to find and not on cdrom.com, please contribute.

Here's what I'm notciing when looking back on the ftp log:

-Toons are extremely popular.
-Doom Music is very popular as well (also PSX Duke & Descent), other music, not so much. Of course, I'm only really pushing the site here for now. That's going to change in the future.
-With the Awesome Quality! MP3s up, most of the other Doom music (remixes, King Elvis' MP3s, etc) aren't getting that much attention. This was never my intention to snuf all of the other stuff out, it's still awesome music. We'll see what happens.
-my ftp.cdrom.com isn't that popular anymore. i barely see anyone access it anymore. thus, I'm thinking about taking it off and freeing up some space.
-while the Doom Betas are popular somewhat, the patches are not.

Soon, I will have a website for my ftp, which will bring in more people, and all of this may change. For one, the Doom Help section will be gone, replaced with links to the sites, for example.

What do you all think? Any suggestions? Any comments? Please help. This FTP is for everyone. It can't be for everyone if there's no input.

These are just my opinions

-Well keep them toons and if you want, put some spiderman episodes in there.
-The Doom, Duke and Descent are a keep
-Keep those wads and ports,as well as the editing utilitys!

When I think of more, I tell you.

Bye.

Yeah, get rid of the ftp.cdrom.com backup if you want. Quite frankly, there is really no need for it since it's up and running again.

About making a site for the ftp, I don't know what's up but with nearly every site I find that says it has video game mp3's or wavs doesn't work. It either goes 404 on me or I get the DNS error.

Once I find Spiderman it'll be up. I'm also looking for X-Men original series, and Neon Genesis Evangelion. Right now I'm concentrating on getting good quality generation 1 Transformers (since it's taking up a huge chunk of hd space).

As for the videogame music, whenever one is on the net, it's extremely popular. I have a max of 20 users right now, but we'll see what happens. I don't want to put up not just videogame music in general (too much to get and post), but the hard to find stuff, such as the PSX Doom, Descent & Duke music. And maybe Castlevania music, since I'm as obsessed with castlevania as I am with Doom.

Hey dawg, long time no speak! How ya been?

Anyways, as for da ftp, get rid if da cdrom.com backup... it's just wasting yo valuable space. And get rid of da patches and da different versions of songs (unless one is EXTREMELY different and well done), because almost nobody is gonna use them.

As for da toons, keep them transformers cartoons rollin' in! Them shits is da bomb!! By da way dawg... are you fixin ta post any thundercats, voltron, or GI Joe on yo ftp? I know I used ta love them shits (still do by da way) and I'm sure a lot of peeps out there would be happy as fuck if you did.

Tight work though dawg, it's nice to see you maintainin yo ftp so well. It's gettin' better every day. Peace out.

Been not doing much lately. Too much work, and homework. I wish I had all the time I had months ago before I started school to update the ftp, rip more game music, look for more toons, etc. I am looking for more toons, so when I find more, they'll be on the site, don't you doubt. I'm almost done perfecting my Transformers collection (after I've posted all of the eps, I'll start again, this time with mostly divx, all generation 1). I'm going to start downloading X-Men, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and more. I'm looking for a good place to get other toons as well, namely Simpsons, Spiderman, He-Man, and TMNT (I have most of the TMNT eps on Beta, so when I upgrade my computer, I'll be ripping them, or if I figure out how to perfect ripping with my slow system). Anyways, sleep awaits.

By the way, Esco, get a fast connection yet?

Here's what I'm notciing when looking back on the ftp log:

what about my stuff?

Sadly, not much downloading of your stuff, or any wads or tc's for that matter. There was a lot of downloading when you released UAC Ressurection, but not much now. Hopefully it'll pick up soon. Maybe when I have a webpage people will see there's more to the site than music & toons (unbelievable how people would rather search a website than a directory structure of an ftp!). Sure, they're great, but there's other stuff on there that's worth checking out that people spent a lot of time on and are proud of. It sucks.

So people, check out the entire site! There's a lot to be found and more on the way!

(unbelievable how people would rather search a website than a directory structure of an ftp)

It depends on how well the website is set up. A good website will be much easier to navigate than an FTP directory.

Sadly, not much downloading of your stuff, or any wads or tc's for that matter.

Now why do I get the feeling that my stuff is dead?

The wads are staying, as well as everything else, except for the cdrom.com stuff. I'm going to see what happens when I make a web page. We'll see what's popular then. Whoever doesn't download your wads are missing something great!

Whoever doesn't download your wads are missing something great!

Well I haven't really received much feedback about it except on that one post I put up sometime ago, but I only got like 4 or 5 replies.

But like you said. The wads are staying, and that's good.

Yo elbryan42: naw dawg, I'm still stuck with a shitty 56k connection!

But on da good side: I just took my happy ass down to time warner and got interviewed for their roadrunner dept (tech and cust support). I heard if you work in dat department you get free roadrunner cable! Dat shit would be tight as fuck! And for $10 and hour to sit on my ass, talk on a phone, and play video games: dat shit is pretty fuckin' sweet.

:]

(BIG FUCKIN SMILE!!!)