Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aca

QuakecCon 2012: August 2-5, Dallas TX

Anyone going this year? I'm going to be in the area and am definitely thinking about checking it out with some friends. I've always wanted to go. Would be cool to meet up with some doomers and play some odamex or maybe even doom2.exe. Plus I think there going to talk about Doom 4.

It's the first weekend in August 2-5 in Dallas, TX

Galveston has a BSL-4 lab. Maybe "Al-Qaeda" are interested in creating Doom 4 for you instead of just watching some new pics / video of it?

Fasten your seat belts.

No idea what you just said but I will take that as a no, you aren't planning on coming.

[GROSS] QuakecCon 2012: August 2-5, Dallas TX
That's not how thread icons work. :P

I'm not interested in going, Dallas is a tad too far from where I live. It would be a nice place to visit though...

No, it's in Texas and I'm in Shropshire. I wouldn't be able to go if it was 3 miles away though.

Hope they show off some Doom 4 stuff this year.

I'd love to go, but it's just way too far. I've been considering going to Dreamhack to watch the E-sports shows. But I've yet to get on that.

Jodwin said:

*shudder*

Welp. Distance isn't going to work as an excuse, since I'll still be in town. :P

I'll probably go, although I said the same last year and ended up not showing up for whatever reason. :P

Xaser said:

Welp. Distance isn't going to work as an excuse, since I'll still be in town. :P

I'll probably go, although I said the same last year and ended up not showing up for whatever reason. :P

Yes! Make it this year! It's always a lot of fun every year (especially because of meeting new people), and the more the merrier! We always play a bunch of multiplayer Doom! :D

I might... I went to the one back in '02 ('03?) where they let people play a short multiplayer demo of Doom 3 and it was really fun. Going again would be really fun, but it's a matter of finding someone to go with me.

Carnevil said (in response to Tech's Wrack inquiry):
Of course!

That seals it. I'll be there. :P

Technician said:

If that's a "better place", then what does hell look like?

Not sure, but it would probably involve shitty Marvel comics and fat American kids. ;) (I was in summer comiket last year as well, and it was awesome)

Marnetmar said:

There's really no valid reason for them to not show Doom 4.

The recent leaks being an example.

EDIT: Would someone kindly correct the misspelling in the thread title? QuakeC only existed for Quake 1.