Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fatal error

A quick question about the newstuff chronicles.

A few days ago I wandered my way on over to Doomworld to see that a new newstuff chronicles had been posted. More interestingly however, was the fact that my wad had been reviewed and was visible on the front page of the site. This immediately left me with a question; how does ones wad get selected to be visible on the front page? Is the wad just selected at random, or did I somehow earn this?

Maybe it's selected at random or if it had content worthy of front-page material.

A little off-topic, but aren't you SmartyLab?

buttspit said:

Maybe it's selected at random or if it had content worthy of front-page material.

A little off-topic, but aren't you SmartyLab?

Well, as a person I'm not Smarty Lab, however, Smarty Lab is a game I have made.

Right. And you're also Joe Anderson, but that's beside the point. I meant that Doom64 gm thing.

fatal error said:

This immediately left me with a question; how does ones wad get selected to be visible on the front page? Is the wad just selected at random, or did I somehow earn this?

I suspect most times it's a quote-worthy review and occasionally a screenshot.

buttspit said:

Right. And you're also Joe Anderson, but that's beside the point. I meant that Doom64 gm thing.

Yeah, I built that piece of crap.

I thought it was ok. Better than most crap I've seen game maker has to offer. You should look into Mad Boris.

So your WAD made it on the front page, huh? Congrats dude! Have a nice can of soda (that's what I choose) or whatever you would drink to celebrate your sucess.

Bloodshedder said:

I look for the combination of well-written review, quotable sound bite, and interesting screenshot.

Thanks that answers my question :)

NitroactiveStudios said:

So your WAD made it on the front page, huh? Congrats dude! Have a nice can of soda (that's what I choose) or whatever you would drink to celebrate your sucess.

I had 12 nice cans of soda and a pizza. The excessive amounts of caffeine in my body caused me to jump through my living room wall and pass out. Good times.