Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kmc

Let's make a demopack

Seeing how I have some time off from school, I've been trying to get back into-demo recording, but I'm finding it hard to get motivated to grind some obscure demo that will go unchallenged or unnoticed(?) for months. So I wanted to see what wad people would be interested in making a pack for. Perhaps we could even form a demo team of sorts to play through some of the larger releases in the future. Maybe some other people are interested in this, or have suggestions?

Oh, jesus, tons.

Pcorf Community Project (Doom 2 Unleashed)
Jenesis
Whitemare
The rest of Heroes' Tales
Rest of Reverie
Revenger
Pedroom
New Doom Community Project 2
Khorus' Speedy Shit (not much maxdemos are out there AFAIK)
Scientist 2 (sci2)
Doom The Way Id Did
Armadosia

lol yeah, I was thinking DTWID or Surge, but it doesn't really matter to me. I got some research to do though, I've never heard of three that you mentioned

I think that Khorus' Speedy Shit and Jenesis definitely deserves a high-quality UV-MAX demopack, so ... come on! ;-)

Let's do a weird demopack and instead of doing something like UV MAX, maybe UV -RESPAWN?

Archy said:

Let's do a weird demopack and instead of doing something like UV MAX, maybe UV -RESPAWN?

Well that's a creative idea I suppose, but it doesn't really sound interesting. Respawn just seems like max with more of a luck element thrown in...Certain maps I find interesting, such as scythe 2 map 05, but I don't think any one wad would have enough maps that are actually worth playing in respawn.

I always thought DTWiD deserved some sort of Max pack, personally, but to each their own. I might contribute to this project if time allows.

Rebirth and Hacx are two projects that have received less demo attention than you'd expect, and therefore good candidates for a demopack.

Or if you're looking for something shorter, how about BioTech? Also, I keep mentioning Killzone and Killzon2 (7 levels each) when this type of question comes up, but no one seems too interested in these wads, for reasons that escape me.

Surge and Dtwid look good to me, though there is something appealing about hacx, definitely different. Jenesis is a great wad which definitely needs some attention, only a couple of maps maxed.
Edit almost forgot..... Epic 2, that one would be a great challenge with a good variety of maps gameplay wise

i second that. i played ultimate simplicity some time ago and found its gameplay brilliant, really miss a demo pack for it.

Grazza said:

no one seems too interested in these wads, for reasons that escape me.

It seems like a lot of the "underdemoed" wads use terrible custom sounds, or perhaps I'm just creating a connection to suit my own personal prejudice ;)

Anyways, I'm going to go ahead and create a DTWID demopack thread now, this thread could probably be merged with the demo suggestion thread without any real loss of context.

Grazza said:

I keep mentioning Killzone and Killzon2 (7 levels each) when this type of question comes up, but no one seems too interested in these wads, for reasons that escape me.

My mistake was I was too "methodological" (can´t find a better word). Started with MAP01... I think I still didn´t finish MAP01 which I didn´t like at all. Having just browsed through one or two more maps, I can say these are cool. Will record something, only... no idea when. Also iditarod.wad which is very plain compared to odyssey, but also cool.

Memfis said:

More stuff:
Scimitar
Hellfire
Ultimate Simplicity - for zdoom but it is very good...

As soon as you start an Ultimate Simplicity demopack thread, I´m in. May not be too popular, but I will definitely have fun with it.

NoobBait: good luck to your project!

BTW, no one mentioned No Rest For The Living :)

vdgg said:

My mistake was I was too "methodological" (can´t find a better word). Started with MAP01... I think I still didn´t finish MAP01 which I didn´t like at all. Having just browsed through one or two more maps, I can say these are cool. Will record something, only... no idea when.

I wasn't particularly referring to you; I don't expect people to record on wads just because I suggest them, but rather expressing surprise that they have received so little attention generally.

Also iditarod.wad which is very plain compared to odyssey, but also cool.

A less polished product, but cool indeed. I may have some old unreleased demos on Iditarod from many years ago lying around somewhere. They might at least help with the route options. Unfortunately, I can't provide them right now, as I am away from home, and the computer I have with me doesn't have my Doom stuff on it. (Shock and horror, but I thought it was going to be just a short trip.)