Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Odamex supports 3-team CTF. It seemed like an interesting prospect but there are almost no maps to support it. I'm in the middle of a project right now, but this is definitely next on my list. I'm not talking 32 maps, but definitely more than a few.

1) Anyone else interested in contributing?
2) Does Odamex have its own texture resources or will I be doing some recoloring work myself?

I think there is at least one 3-way ctf pack out there, and also a 4-way but I only ever seen them played very rarely(almost never). Couldn't hurt to have a new set!

There are definitely some interesting possibilities for map layouts here.

I wasn't aware of this! I'd love to do a few!

Marcaek said:

I think there is at least one 3-way ctf pack out there, and also a 4-way but I only ever seen them played very rarely(almost never). Couldn't hurt to have a new set!

There are two 3-way packs (3wayctf-b4, 3waymadness-ctfv4) and one 4-way pack (zd_4way6), log onto ZD/ST and search for them.

Currently, Odamex does not support more than 2 teams. We took out the gold team stuff some revisions back since the whole thing was kind of messy and it was rarely used. We plan to support the TEAMINFO lump in the future to allow up to at least 4 teams.

Mancubus II said:

We plan to support the TEAMINFO lump in the future to allow up to at least 4 teams.

Ah, you'll probably get around to it long before I finish my megawad, anyway.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of multi-team CTF due to the fact that specialized maps have to be created for it and then until you get 3 * TEAM_NUMBER players it feels...well it just doesn't feel like there's enough players to make it worthwhile. 3 * 3 is 9, 3 * 4 is 12. That's enough players to have a really nice 4v4 or 6v6 pub game of traditional CTF.

Perhaps a way to alleviate that would be to have maps that cordoned off bases that didn't have any players, that way you could gradually build up a server without the possibility of having to play hide-and-seek within the other bases.

Avoozl said:

I wonder if there are any 1 flag ctf mods.

There is actually, for ZD at least (1flag), dunno about ST (though there's at least 1 pack that supports 1-flag, can't remember it's name). There's also 2 Deathball mods for ZD (n00b_deathball_b/noob_deathball_resources_7, olio_a1q) which is kinda like 1-flag.

(again, log into ZD/ST and use getwad to find them)

The Ultimate DooMer said:

There is actually, for ZD at least (1flag), dunno about ST (though there's at least 1 pack that supports 1-flag, can't remember it's name). There's also 2 Deathball mods for ZD (n00b_deathball_b/noob_deathball_resources_7, olio_a1q) which is kinda like 1-flag.

(again, log into ZD/ST and use getwad to find them)

Hey, Ultimate Doomer, sorry if this isn't related to the topic, but I've seen the screenshots of your map that didn't make the cut for CC4. I think it looked awesome even if it needed touch-ups, and fascinated to know that they used to be maps for Plutonia 2. I would recommend releasing it as a standalone wad. Loved your style of architecture since Fragport, 007: Licence to Spell Doom, and Super Sonic Doom were my favourite works from you.