Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone!!
I'm new on this forum. It's great!!
I'he a question: how can I download sunder 1.4.1 for to play on DOOM 2 on my pc?

Thank you very much!!

Unfortunately, the game does not start with sunder. only the map 6 starts but does not look good. I own the version doom edition collection to play, we need another version of Doom for it to work or some other problem?

Thank you!

The following terms may not make sense to you so If there's something you don't understand, let me know.

Sunder is a -complevel 9 WAD, this means that it requires a BOOM V2.02 compatible engine. It sounds to me that you have the Doom95 Engine, which is a -complevel 3 engine, meaning it's a Ultimate Doom v1.9 compatible port.

The most up to date version of the original BOOM engine is here, though I doubt you want to use it since it's for DOS. PRBoom-Plus is what I'd recommend for Windows, as it has every -complevel from 0 to 17 which means that the vast majority of WADs will work just fine on it.

If you need any help setting up PRBoom-Plus, let me know.

For future reference, here's a list of -complevels and what they mean:

0 Doom.exe v1.2
1 Doom.exe/Doom2.exe v1.666
2 Doom.exe/doom2.exe v1.9
3 Ultimate Doom v1.9 and Doom95
4 Final Doom's doom2.exe v1.9

5 Dosdoom .47
6 Tasdoom.exe
7 Boom's compatibility mode
8 Boom v2.01
9 Boom v2.02
10 LxDoom v1.4.x
11 MBF
12 PrBoom v2.03beta
13 PrBoom v2.1.0
14 PrBoom v2.1.1-2.2.6
15 PrBoom v2.3.x
16 PrBoom v2.4.0
17 Latest PrBoom-plus
-1 Current Prboom-plus

Ones listed in bold are -complevels that are frequently used.

Archy said:

The most up to date version of the original BOOM engine is here, though I doubt you want to use it since it's for DOS.

Actually Prboom 2.02 is a straight Windows port of Boom 2.02 (also released by TeamTNT), a fact of which a lot of people appear unaware. But of course it is simpler (and no doubt necessary in this case) to use prboom-plus with -complevel 9.

Grazza said:

Actually Prboom 2.02 is a straight Windows port of Boom 2.02 (also released by TeamTNT), a fact of which a lot of people appear unaware. But of course it is simpler (and no doubt necessary in this case) to use prboom-plus with -complevel 9.

Well that explains the mystery of why there's no -complevel for PRBoom 2.02

Vordakk said:

Thanks for posting this! I always wondered what those meant.

This is clearly stated in usage.txt, which comes with prboom+.

hawkwind said:

This is clearly stated in usage.txt, which comes with prboom+.

...which I obviously didn't read because I'm clearly not as intelligent as you, oh great peruser of all README files. How DARE I post in this forum without having read every document which accompanies the source ports I use?

I wish there were human-readable aliases for the different complevels. I'm not much of a demo watcher, but I find it hard to remember what all of the numbers mean.

hello, here I am!
So now I explain it all a bit:
1. I took the file and sunder.wad sunder.old and doom 2
2. I put them in the folder prboom-plus (I own thanks to you)
3. and I started the game icon prboom-plus or glboom-plus ... and the game started!
Very nice!

Thanks so much for the support and the availability of you have given me ...
If you have any questions for me to do well ....

See you soon!

Xaser said:

I wish there were human-readable aliases for the different complevels. I'm not much of a demo watcher, but I find it hard to remember what all of the numbers mean.

As a demo-watcher, you don't need to use the numbers (only in very exceptional cases do you need to force a complevel for playback). For playing purposes, the relevant menu option does use human-readable aliases.

Whoah. Up until right now, I had always just assumed that the -complevel numbers went from 0 to 9

Anyway, once you know what complevels 2,3,4 and 9 do, you have pretty much what you need for everyday use. It's really rare to use others complevels (like 11 for MBF in Voodoo's Guns).