Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom.Invader

Doom: The Board Game

So I bought Doom on Ste... oh wait, no wrong topic head

Sorry about that, I got all sketchy trying to write the topic... i'm all better now.

I know this is going to seem rude, but as an avid enthusiast of Doom, and hopefully this place has a few like minded people I thought I'd do some inter-web cross-networking or some such crap...

In other words, I want to share a link with you all, I hope its one that some of you have at least a small amount of interest in.

Doom ..

well, not Doom as you may know and love it... rather its Doom: The Board game, I recently began a new 'campaign' among some friends and am blogging the fortnightly results. I encourage anyone that has a passing interest in the drunken antics of some random guys that still play with toys give the blog the once over.

http://doom-tbg.blogspot.com/

I welcome comment or critique.. but not too much eh?

...Now I want to play this game...

I bought it for my hardcore Doom fan friend a couple years ago. Pretty sure he's never played it. :\

This game looks awesome, and I would like to own it! Is this game avalible in stores? If so, then what stores could I find it it?

NitroactiveStudios said:

This game looks awesome, and I would like to own it! Is this game avalible in stores? If so, then what stores could I find it it?

The game has been out of print for several years now. Auction sites are probably your only bet (and from a quick search they're getting pretty expensive there unfortunately).

It's kind of a shame my one cousin is the only one who could be bothered to learn all the rules, it doesn't really work that well with only 2 players.

There's another thread about this somewhere. Myself and some friends own it too.

Buy the expansion, Deathmatch makes it way better to play with friends. Even two people could have fun with that, though it is better with at least four players.

Blzut3 said:

The game has been out of print for several years now. Auction sites are probably your only bet (and from a quick search they're getting pretty expensive there unfortunately).

It's kind of a shame my one cousin is the only one who could be bothered to learn all the rules, it doesn't really work that well with only 2 players.

Well that sucks! I was really willing to buy & play the game!

sorry about the fact that you wanted a copy Nitro McLongnamington... really your best bet is ebay, but it is quite a collectors thing now, and prices are subject to being just stupid.

I hope you can live vicariously through the my game blog :-)

Damn. This is out of print already? I've known about it for a while. Always wanted it, but even while it was in print, it was pretty pricey. Hopefully it goes back in print whenever doom IV comes out.

Was always hoping for a good set of solo rules so it could be played solitaire.