Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Krispy

Koyaanisqatsi (wad)

This is a wad that I recently finished. I took another one of mine and deleted some of the old levels to keep the sounds 'cause I'm lazy like that.

• Doom 2
  • 5 levels
  • 6.something MB zipped
  • New music
  • some levels heavily modified (from another of mine), others completely from scratch
  • REQUIRES OPENGL
  • Skulltag map
Hope you like imp trites.
P.S. try to find the crazed and zombified scientist lady in each of the first 4 levels!
*EDIT* SEE LINK IN COMMENTS BELOW.

Screenshots:

^What a pain in the butt!

Ok.

The good, the bad and the ugly.

The Good: The gameplay was surprisingly fun, and generally interesting. I do like imp trites, so that was all good. Some really creative and unique gameplay ideas. (Using a camera to watch your rockets splatter imps a long way away was neat, for example.)

The bad: Got stuck in second room, had to idclip through the second door. (The first door is activated by that computer panel, possibly I did something wrong, but I don't know. Aplolgies if it is me.)

The ugly. I felt the biggest letdown was the general look of the levels, though that said, the unfinished amateurishness of the levels in general actually added to the charm. And some areas did look pretty impressive.

So overall, the look didn't appeal to me much, but the overall mapset was interesting enough gameplay-wise and creativity-wise that I think it deserves another playthrough.

Matter of fact, I'm off to do that now.

cheers.

verstandlich said:

p.s. I found the scientist lady... then i shot her.

I found her too. I actually thought I had rescued her from the demons, so I tried talking to her.

AND SHE STABBED ME.

Ungrateful cow.

So I showed her my boomstick.

Okay, some things that need to be fixed before I can enjoy this. The doors in the first level don't work, could go further than that as I didn't look at the others. Also, you have items around that don't exist and just show up as yellow exclamation points with red around them. I frequently see this in zdoom wads. Please people, if you put in a new item, make sure it's actually in the wad.

That's because it's not a ZDoom mod!!!!! It works fine in Skulltag (yo Krispy you've got to test your shit in the ports you say they work in, bro).

Anyway I actually quite liked this. My favourite level was the Martian cowboy one, that made me laugh way harder than the Portal 'jokes' in the early levels. Hurr hurr cake.

Of course there are downsides. The new sounds were kinda bad - the imp and SSG in particular made awful noises. The levels, especially the first, are super empty and devoid of opposition. I wanted to like the Imp Trites but they moved so slooooooooooooooooooow (and they look silly, although that's not your fault). The severed imp head that falls out of that one vent in level 2 blocks you, and given the size of it, it probably shouldn't. There are pointless 3d floors (level 2 again, in the big room with the lift - only the top and bottom floors have anything worthwhile on them). The level 4 exit is annoying. Consider crushing a Romero head or something instead of making me wait, I had a fair bit of health left after I grabbed that Megasphere. Use barrels to explode a voodoo doll at the same time to reset the player's arsenal, level 5 is more fun this way (I had a BFG and just spammed the stomper brothers, but then I played it again from scratch and it was much better). Oh and how about a MAPINFO for level names and stuff?

OK, Liking the feedback.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

Got stuck in second room, had to idclip through the second door.

Sorry about that, you had to kill the black imps. This might be related to the fact that it is a Skulltag map. I should've said that. How many times did you find the scientist? She appears once in every one of the first four maps :D

General Rainbow Bacon said:

The doors in the first level don't work, could go further than that as I didn't look at the others. Also, you have items around that don't exist and just show up as yellow exclamation points with red around them.

All right, both problems are definitely due to the fact that I made a Skulltag map. Sorry shoulda said so.

Lance MDR Rocket said:

There are pointless 3d floors (level 2 again, in the big room with the lift - only the top and bottom floors have anything worthwhile on them).

I agree. I'll get rid of them.

Crap I feel SO stupid! I fixed the player 1 start in map03, it wasn't supposed to be there. I guess the doors will work now, and the map is bigger (DUH!). Fixed the 3d floors, there is 1 less. Also added a clearinventory script that removes all your weapons after map04. Enjoy here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?tqre3azodd0dokh