Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HavoX

Some handgun manufacturer just made a double-barrel varient of the Colt M1911A1

Ladies and gentlemen, the AF2011 A1 "Second Century" Double barrel pistol.

Italy -(Ammoland.com)- Arsenal Firearms, the brand new group of companies established during 2010 and officially debuting at IWA 2012 on March the 9th, proudly announces the first production double barrel semiautomatic pistol in history.

Named AF2011-A1 “Second Century” (reading “Twentyeleven”) as a true commemoration of the legendary Colt 1911, this extraordinary pistol not only adds a second barrel to the the second century life of a myth: it actually opens a whole new world of pistol shooting capabilities and opportunity, both for the collector, the sports shooter and the hunter.

The AF2011-A1 couldn’t initially be offered in any other caliber but the legendary and original .45 ACP: and so it is, a powerful double, simultaneous .45 bullets shooting pistol capable of incredible stopping power, accuracy and target performance.

The Article said:

capable of incredible stopping power

Fucking really? And this is coming from a gun website?

Mr. Freeze said:

Fucking really? And this is coming from a gun website?

Yeah. It shoots double the ammo, therefore it has double the stopping power and double the awesome. No?

DoomUK said:

No, but you can have a pump-action double-barrelled shotgun.

Heh, I wonder what's the required cocking power on that....

Maes said:

Yeah. It shoots double the ammo, therefore it has double the stopping power and double the awesome. No?

I think he's more talking about the term "stopping power". Nobody has really been able to determine exactly what "stopping power" is. It's mostly a marketing thing or something used by know it all gun people that actually don't know a lot.

Oh it's simple. Let's say I shoot at a criminal with an airsoft pellet. He probably won't stop, and will hence proceed to sodomize me with the "gun". Not good "stopping power", in my book.

Now, imagine me shooting the same criminal with a .45 ACP, resulting in the destruction and spraying of his vital organs and chips of bone. Now THAT'S definitively STOPPING POWER, no?

It's STOPPING POWER if, by pulling the trigger, YOU WIN and THE ENEMY LOSES.

Now imagine me shooting the same criminal with a 12 Gauge loaded with magnum buckshot. The damage inflicted, will be greater, and probably entire pieces of his body will be missing, leaving him technically unable to even walk and move. That's EVEN BETTER STOPPING POWER. The only thing with more STOPPING POWER would be using a minigun loaded with buckshot or birdshot, which would leave no piece of criminal larger than about 0.01 mm, and therefore stopped and not able to kill. Stopping power!

Maes said:

Oh it's simple. Let's say I shoot at a criminal with an airsoft pellet. He probably won't stop, and will hence proceed to sodomize me with the "gun". Not good "stopping power", in my book.

Now, imagine me shooting the same criminal with a .45 ACP, resulting in the destruction and spraying of his vital organs and chips of bone. Now THAT'S definitively STOPPING POWER, no?

It's STOPPING POWER if, by pulling the trigger, YOU WIN and THE ENEMY LOSES.

Now imagine me shooting the same criminal with a 12 Gauge loaded with magnum buckshot. The damage inflicted, will be greater, and probably entire pieces of his body will be missing, leaving him technically unable to even walk and move. That's EVEN BETTER STOPPING POWER. The only thing with more STOPPING POWER would be using a minigun loaded with buckshot or birdshot, which would leave no piece of criminal larger than about 0.01 mm, and therefore stopped and not able to kill. Stopping power!

This needs to be on the frontpage of a gun manufacturer's website.

Holy crap that looks awesome! I wonder if there will be a Doom WAD that has that gun someday?

Also, did anyone see this too before?:

NitroactiveStudios said:

AA-12 video

I watch that video all the time. The AA-12 combat shotgun was also featured prominently in the film The Expendables.

Darkman 4 said:

I think he's more talking about the term "stopping power". Nobody has really been able to determine exactly what "stopping power" is. It's mostly a marketing thing or something used by know it all gun people that actually don't know a lot.

"Stopping Power" is a phrase to signify a weapon's ability to stop a living being dead where they stand. It's total bullshit, mostly because outside of shooting someone directly in the brain/spinal cord, no target is going to be instantly killed by a single bullet. It's a myth propagated by the mall ninja crowd.

Mr. Freeze said:

outside of shooting someone directly in the brain/spinal cord, no target is going to be instantly killed by a single bullet.

You, my friend, don't know jackshit about a Barrett .50 caliber rifle :)

(That was a joke. Yes I am aware that this thread is about handguns.)

NitroactiveStudios said:

I wonder if there will be a Doom WAD that has that gun someday?

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, Hacx has a double barrel pistol.

Also, being drunk at the moment, I feel it appropriate to mention that I am drunk. That is all.

This is completely absurd and totally cool. I wonder if this'll be seen as a legit something or as a novelty. :P

My question is if, much like the regular 1911, the thing gets even slightly dirty if it will still fire?

The AA12 is like an oversized NERF toy compared to the manliness of the A-12 and A-20 full auto shotguns, which have a way cooler reloading clip and much more manly recoil.

It seems that most of the bulk of the AA-12 is due to the recoil-reducing mechanism, which however make them look like NERF guns, while the A-12 and A-20 are more non-nonsense, more compact and down to business.

Maes said:

The only thing with more STOPPING POWER would be using a minigun loaded with buckshot or birdshot, which would leave no piece of criminal larger than about 0.01 mm, and therefore stopped and not able to kill. Stopping power!

FUCK YEAH!

Technician said:

Why not? You can kill twice as many terrorists.

Or Lovecraftian horrors :p

HavoX said:

Yeah, but can the A-12 and A-20 shoot these? ;)

If it has an unchoked barrel, and the cartridge used to fire them uses a standard 70mm or 76mm body (and load), then I don't see why not.

Edit: according to this spec sheet for the FRAG 12 round, it uses a standard 3" shell (76mm) and powder load, therefore it can be shot from any shotgun rated for 3" shells (Magnum loads), as long as you don't use an extremely choked barrel, and the A-12 covers these AFAIK.

Some other source said that it might be using a 3.5" shell instead (89 mm) which would make it shootable only from "Super Magnum" shotguns, but I can't confirm that.

Maes said:

The AA12 is like an oversized NERF toy compared to the manliness of the A-12 and A-20 full auto shotguns, which have a way cooler reloading clip and much more manly recoil.

The real reason for recoil reduction

DuckReconMajor said:

The real reason for recoil reduction

Yeah, seen videos like that ever since I got into RC choppers some 3-4 years ago.

Too bad that practical drone aircraft are almost all fixed-wing and much larger than that (the smallest practical drone is as large as what you'd call "large scale rc models"), because carrying a single shotgun on a chopper that has maybe 30 minutes of useful flight time and (much less if electric), is way too sensible to wind and uses expensive and finnicky mechanical parts is not exactly what you'd call mil-spec.

Conventional tail-rotor choppers at that small scale are also too unstable to fly entirely automatically, and to simplify the controllers most, if not all practical rotary-wing UAVs are quadrotors.

BTW, a shotgun loaded with ammo weighs almost 50% if not more of the total curb weight of a .50 size Nitro chopper, which means the poor thing is basically grossly overloaded and struggling to get aloft (with operators being extra-anal on not destabilizing it), and maneuvering quickly with that much weight would be prohibitive.