Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When I stood up yesterday, I had an idea in my brain: Lacrima! I thought about a quite big Community-Project, with some good Builder. I hope you like this idea and here is a little description of my idea:

A Classic DOOM2-Style with about 2-10 secrets. You can play it quite easily and the difficulty is growing steadily. I hope, some outdoor parts can be found and the room-size is going from very little up to quite big. I wanted to make a real themed and storyful WAD.

I hope some Builder will be found. Hope we'll see us.
Thanks! -Bl4ck L0st Kn1ght

Community projects aren't easy to organize. However, I like them so if you can make it, I may join. But, it's not sure!

Bl4ck L0st Kn1ght said:

A Classic DOOM2-Style with about 2-10 secrets. You can play it quite easily and the difficulty is growing steadily. I hope, some outdoor parts can be found and the room-size is going from very little up to quite big. I wanted to make a real themed and storyful WAD.

How does this differ from...I don't know, almost any wad that's already in idgames?

How does this differ from...I don't know, almost any wad that's already in idgames?

LOL EPIC FAIL hes a friend of mine but he still has to learn mapping

Jodwin said:

Bl4ck L0st Kn1ght said:

(...)the difficulty is growing steadily.

I'd say a lot of wads are guilty of fucking the difficulty progression up. They're basically hard at the start, when you have a pistol against demons and chaingunners.

omegamer said:

LOL EPIC FAIL hes a friend of mine but he still has to learn mapping

[/b]Well then, OP, you should be advised into making a few maps yourself, before starting a community project. It's not against the rules, but it just maximises the fail-chance of a project if the originator has little idea how to make maps.

Jodwin said:

I meant the DOOM2-Texture-Style ;) And I don't want to copy anything. ;)

ellmo said:

Well then, OP, you should be advised into making a few maps yourself, before starting a community project. It's not against the rules, but it just maximises the fail-chance of a project if the originator has little idea how to make maps.

I thought I could learn mapping with making projects ;)

Bl4ck L0st Kn1ght said:

I meant the DOOM2-Texture-Style ;) And I don't want to copy anything. ;)

Still doesn't make this "idea" in any way interesting or new or particularly worth anyone's time.

Still doesn't make this "idea" in anyway interesting or new or particularly worth anyone's time.

How true.
Sry BLK but before posting such crap learn the mapping basics and showoff a great map then we can talk about the community project ;-)

omegamer said:

Sry BLK but before posting such crap learn the mapping basics and showoff a great map then we can talk about the community project ;-)

OR...!

Show us some screenshot about your map! Needless to say that if you want to start and organize a community project, you must make at least one map to the stuff.

Bl4ck L0st Kn1ght said:

Not a good idea when you feel like starting to learn by involving the whole community in a assumingly larger (hence, community) wad, where maybe half a map might be contributed by you. No offense though, just doesn't seem like the optimal way to learn mapping.

Nothing about you Black Lost Knight, but well.
Since I know you personally I know that you didnt even played through Doom 1 or 2 you dont even know all the maps or even who made the game.
Play the 2 games before doing maps just a tip ;-)

Bl4ck L0st Kn1ght said:

Then do it, but the other way around: find an open project already started by someone else and make a map for it. That way you can learn a lot... as long as you have a spine and you're not afraid of constructive criticism.

Try and make a map for D2TWiD for example. We're always open.
Just make sure you read what the project is about and what we want in the maps.

If you insist on starting your own community project without having anything (not even screenshots of your work in progress) to show, you're basically asking for offensive replies.

Or join the Doomworld Mega Project.
It has no specified theme and you can do small maps, big maps, shitty maps, epic maps whatever you want.

I'm surprised nobody's used the "newproject" tag.

Bl4ck L0st Kn1ght said:

Personal projects - yes. Starting a community project - highly unlikely. I second omegamer's recommendation of the Doomworld Mega Project, with no minimum standard to be met you could use it as a learning experience.

When I arranged my Doom 2 Unleashed community project in 2010-11 my guidelines were nice and simple. Submit a map in your own style. Once I received enough maps I sorted out each level according to themes and divided them into 3 separate episodes. The further you went in each episode, the more monsters there were per map. It was a simple and effective project.

Though I think it's fair to say that project wouldn't have got off the ground if you weren't already an established and respected member of the community.

Where this is not the case mappers usually want an interesting USP before they get on board with a community project.