Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Leon

Skybox problem

I'm using ZDoom Heretic in Hexen Format, and I'm trying to put a new Skybox in my map and getting it from a different WAD. I copy and paste it, convert it and add it to textures. I then edit the Mapinfo and rename the sky format. When I go back to DoomBuilder and refresh and then go to the game it is just the original F_SKY template.

I use Slade as the editor

I'm pretty sure a 'skybox' is where there is a camera thing in another part of the map and what that camera sees is turned into the sky, like if that camera points right at an imp, you'll see that imp in the sky if its set like a skybox.
Sounds like you mean just a normal new sky, not a skybox though. I think, keep the sector you want new sky in as f_sky, then make a dummy square sector outside the map. Pick one of its lines and give it the transfer sky whatever action and make its front upper texture the sky u want (going by memory, didn't try).

Leon said:

I'm using ZDoom Heretic in Hexen Format, and I'm trying to put a new Skybox in my map and getting it from a different WAD. I copy and paste it, convert it and add it to textures.

What do you mean by skybox? Something like that? It won't work in ZDoom. Something like this? It's not a question of MAPINFO, it's something you have to build in the map.

If you mean just a sky texture, then have you actually saved the .wad after adding it and making the MAPINFO changes, and before testing it from Doom Builder?